☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, October 09, 2008 | 9:26 PM

Entry Number: 1

17th BIRTHDAY

Soooo yea.
I'm 17 now!
Not that the damn attendants at movie theaters can tell.
They still insist on checking my IC because of my baby face -.-

My thanks to the following people who wished me (In chronological order) :

Nehneh Yingxue
Because she thought it was on 7 Sep & wished me a month early. So cute lor ;D

Wei Sheng
Ty for ordering a bouquet of roses for me. I like it (:

Nehneh Jonathan
Ty for the sweet virtual prezzie <33

To celebrate my birthday, my parents brought me to Vienna International Seafood & Teppanyaki Restaurant for a buffet lunch.

I was amazed by the improvements there.
The last time i went there it was boring & the choice of food, plain.
This time around, the variety is so interesting!
I thought it would be $40+ per head.
Ended up it was $31.80.
Which is super cheap already lah.
Since i'm capable of spending the same amout by myself in other restaurants (not buffet).



See the cold soba in the leaf-shaped dish?
& the smoked salmon?
& the 'drunken chicken' cooked in wine?
Yummy! :D



My dad was eating so much seafood, like lobsters, crayfish, crabs etc.
& the Beijing duck wrapped in crepe.



The long, thin fish is called shishamo & it's my one of my favourite fishes.
I don't know why every restaurants fries it when it's so much crispier if it's grilled.
Pity the only restaurant that grills it is bought over & is not so great now -.-



Swee!
I got the best table in the restaurant can!
It's inside a separate room with a few more tables.
The ambience was so peaceful lah.



I don't know what the cooks did to the fish roes.
They became so crunchy, like agar agar.
& they stuffed them along with fish slices & squid rings.



Soup in this restaurant are served in teapots.
LOL.
I took the tomyam but it wasn't that great.



Chawanmushi on the right.
& my glass of red wine.
My parents said it was just cheapo red wine, like those $10 or $20 kind.
Some konnyaku, green tea & azuki beans cake, blueberry cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake.



They have test-tube racks of test tubes containing fruit juices.
What a nice idea :O



The cocktail i took.
My mom later on jokingly asked me whether i got marbok anot.
I was like, "Where got. Can't feel anything also."
It's just a family restaurant so they won't put anything strong anyway.
Which was why i tried it in the first place.
Lmao.



After eating 2 marshmallows coated in chocolate fondue..
I drew on my plate.
One of my quirker habits when it comes to eating.



I drew the hair.
& my dad added the 2 rabbit teeth.
LOL!





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.