☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Monday, December 15, 2008 | 4:12 PM

I was interested in the Cambodia community service trip so i went for the briefing today. Two years ago, right after i had completed my community service in a rural Dabo village in Yunnan, i thought to myself that i want to do community service in Cambodia. It's nice to do your part for the world.

So yes. It's (sorta) disappointing. I was expecting something more grueling than my Yunnan trip. Being able to sleep and bathe in a motel everyday. Having proper toilet system. There's even a laundry service for us. And working 6 hours a day with long breaks. I had none of that basic luxury when i was in Yunnan ok. -.-

I still feel like laughing when i remember someone took a photo of the shit and fat, white, wriggling maggots in the toilets of the village. The kind with a hole in the ground for you to do your business. LOL!

Went to find some FS teachers after that because a couple of people wanted to get forms for the Sydney trip too. Bumped into Ms Lin and Ms Marlene and said hi. We ended up having to find Mr Khaw to get the forms. That done, we headed to South Canteen to makan.

Woon Ching, Nabilah, Jasmine, Wan Wen and I sat there chatting for so long. There was loads to gossip and joke about. Really had fun talking to them :) And now you guys know i'm not as simple as i look. I'm not neither an ally or foe. But i'll always be there for my friends when they truly need my help or company.

We suddenly hit on the idea of creating a new class blog since the old one's gone. So we headed to the library to get started. So fun lah, searching for blogskins, thinking of ideas to spice up the blog as a team.

To all FS0803 peeps, the link is:
http://foodscience0803.blogspot.com ♥

The blog is still naked for now. Lol.


Two of the authors at work.


Look, we are playing around with HTML codes. Ooh la la :D






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.