☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Tuesday, December 16, 2008 | 10:28 PM

If we can't fly through the sky, there's no reason to not die.


Esther returned from Yunnan a few days ago. Met up with her for an outing today. Thanks for the keychain and candy! I was amazed by her group's drama-filled service learning trip. What with the police involvement, an old guy getting arrested for trying to get fresh with a female student, and the charismatic police chief. Haha! Drama lah! :D

Esther's friend recommended her this cafe called V8 Cafe. It's found at Level 3 of Bugis Junction, towards the far end.


Here we are, V8 Cafe!


I really didn't expect this photo to be so clear until i can read the description ._."


Woohoo, creamy corn soup and garlic bread.


Dun-dun-dun-dun! The V8 signature dish. ;O


Nice ambience for a cafe. There were many LCD screens broadcasting the film, Kungfu Panda too.

Walked around some shops after that. But every shop is selling christmas gifts so it's pointless to think of shopping there. Took neoprints before leaving for Clarke Quay.

The one shop we wanted to visit in Clarke Quay was Girl's Talk. A shop selling a wide variety of accessories which are expensive but unique in design. There was only a vacant unit there. Soooo.. I'm guessing they either 'dao bi' or moved.

We happened to catch a live performance at the concourse.


Four volunteers were selected from the crowd to hold the straps supporting the ladder while the performer climbs to the top.


The volunteers released the straps simultaneously and the guy is left balancing at the top. :O


The two of us along the edge and talked for a bit. It felt so good, sitting at a breezy spot and talking about life.



Headed for Liang Court. I love LC! Everything's Japanese here.


I had Esther try out the chocolate banana gelato crepe too. Hohoho. This time, i requested for green tea gelato!


I wonder why my dark circles seem so bad in this photo -.-

We explored Meidi-Ya as well. This time, i bought.. A packet of Japanese rice and seaweed sheets! I want to try making Japanese food. So first up, onigiri! My parents were amused by my random purchase. And my mother was like, why make onigiri and not sushi? Lol!

Had a bowl of pork chilli udon too. The stall with the chewy udon. We decided to share because we two were feeling full but wanted to try the udon. There was a young Japanese boy with his mother and brother, waiting for food. I noticed him looking at me so i smiled at him. Then he grinned back. :D

Just yesterday, i was smiling to a mynah on my way home. The mynah craned its neck to look at me while i walked past. Lol!

All my funny incidents when i smile.. :)


Yay for waterworks :)

Esther mentioned life in Singapore is boring and that she would like to work overseas. I can relate to that. Why are humans contented with living a mundane life? So afraid to be different from everyone for fear of being ostracised. There's no creativity or originality. Following the same 9 to 5 cycle, doing the same things everyday.. Why don't they get sick of it? Everyone follows the same fashion, follows the same rules, never doing anything taboo. BORING LA.

Nabilah told me in one of our conversations that i seemed a lot more upbeat compared to last semester. So it's true. Now that i'm not tied down, i'm free to fly. Free to do things my way and soar above everyone. It's like a drug that i can get addicted to.

The below quote is from my current favourite manga. Perfectly summarises my beliefs in life.

If we can't fly through the sky, there's no reason to not die.

Off-topic: Neuro is hot hot hot! Lol ;)





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.