☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Wednesday, December 03, 2008 | 10:56 PM

Today's project 1 practical was insane. So many things happened. Like at the start, LA's group were boiling their vermicelli when it caught fire. Lol! A quarter of the noodle became burnt. :O

We didn't follow any recipe at all. We made up our own methods along the way. For instance, we boiled the red beans for <20mins before deciding to mash it up. Ms Lin told us to use the blender instead. We threw everything in and it became one solid lump because we didn't add any water or oil. That's how random we were, deciding everything on the spot. Heh.

After boiling the blended beans with water brewed with jasmine flowers, it became 'red bean hitam' as Raymond called it. The paste kept bubbling like some volcano lava and splattered outside the pot ._." This time, we coated the carved apple with lemon juice to prevent oxidation. And then we scooped the red bean paste into the apple and froze everything. I like the way the lemon juice complements the sweetness of the paste and apple. Yum :D

I did something extremely retarded while waiting for the red bean paste to boil.

Charmaine: What to do with the rest of the (uncooked but soaked) red beans?
Woon Ching: Eat it?
Charmaine: Ok! (I said ok for a joke, not because i'm a glutton)
/ Charmaine picks up a red bean and eats it.
Charmaine: BLEARGH!! It tastes like taugey!!
/ Woon Ching takes a red bean and eats it.
Woon Ching: EEE! (makes a face)
/ We made Raymond try it too.
Raymond: (makes a face) Really taste like taugey..
/ Raymond made Jacqueline try it.
/ Jacqueline made CK try it.
/ Carrellynn tried eating too.
/ WE MADE MS LIN EAT IT.

LMAO. I started the craziness. Everyone's expression was so priceless i couldn't stop laughing. :x

Cleaning up was a pain. The paste was burnt at the bottom of the pot. Had to use the metal sponge to slowly scrub away the burnt stains. Took more than 10mins to do it. But it feels good when you see the pot shining again! Thanks to those who cared about me when i was scrubbing the pot. I appreciate it. :)

The other half of the class presented their proposals today. No more proposals for this term! A job well done to everyone! :)

Had a quick lunch before going for physics. Raymond showed Woon Ching & i how he fooled around with this game, http://y8.com/games/Sprinter. He would let the avatar run and purposely make him fall down suddenly. When it reached the Olympics in the game, the avatar was running so hard to catch up with the others then it suddenly slammed into the ground. Lol!


Mr Lai's proud of his Akatsuki Cloak. Truly a Naruto fan :D


A little info on the Akatsuki Cloak
Credits: http://www.399cosplayshop.com/japanese-anime-cosplay-costumes/naruto/itachis-akatsuki-cloak.php


Wan Wen & Jasmine were playing some game on http://y8.com/. It was hilarious watching how excited they were, punching the buttons furiously. :D




The one on the left is one of my organic chemistry lecturers. He's so tall ;O




Woon Ching wanted to compare heights with him! ;D




More and more people wanted to compare heights with him. Lol.


That's Ms Lin on the far left. Photo's blur, though. :)


Ms Marlene (our mentor) came to see us. She's the one in black in the middle.


My model's always happy to pose for me. Hoho. :D




Not sure which two module groups. But that was the first match of the day.




On the other court, another match started too.


Ms Lin caught the ball!


Ready..


Aim..


Fire!


Getting briefed.




Seriously, OMG! ._.


The FS0803 team. Couldn't catch Wan Wen in the photo :(


Horhor, someone didn't wear the vest properly! I forgot what those vests are called.


Lol!


The match started!


Clarabelle caught the ball. She's really good.










Urgh, it's my fault for selecting the wrong lighting in the camera settings.


For a moment, it looked like they were playing dodgeball albeit a bit too close for it.


Nice catch, Wan Wen!








Shihui tosses the ball.




Junhui caught it!






Raymond preparing to pass the ball.


I got it, i got it!




That shows how intense the match was. Everything was so fast.






Woon Ching swapped with Jasmine and she's struggling to put on her vest ASAP. Lol.


See the three FS0803 guys in action :D




Damn, it's coming straight at me! :O

It's ok. I avoided it. Lol.


Woon Ching crashed into another player.


Thankfully no serious injury. She has yet to recover from her last injury. :O

Three words to describe this match. Fast and furious. I was struggling to capture photos. But it was too fast for me to take any photos of anyone in awesome poses. Ah well.

We lost 15-6. Not that it matters. We all had fun.
FS0803 ROCKS!
Well done! :D






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.