☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, January 16, 2009 | 11:00 PM

After completing my Biochemistry project on 'Sleep', i realise i might just have a sleep disorder. All my symtoms fit the description of the disorder word for word. -.-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome

People with the disorder report that they cannot sleep until early morning, but they fall asleep at about the same time every "night", no matter what time they go to bed.

I sleep at 4 or 5am just about everyday even though i've to wake up for school at 6 or 7am. And then the next day i still sleep at the same time despite sleeping only 2 hours the previous night.

If, however, they are allowed to follow their own schedule, e.g. sleeping from 4 a.m. to noon, they sleep soundly, awaken spontaneously, and do not feel sleepy again until their next "night".

VERY TRUE.

DSPS patients can sleep well and regularly when they can follow their own sleep schedule, e.g. on weekends and during vacations.


Often, sufferers manage only a few hours sleep a night during the working week, then compensate by sleeping until the afternoon on weekends. Sleeping in on weekends, and/or taking long naps during the day, may give people with the disorder relief from daytime sleepiness but may also perpetuate the late sleep phase.

Does 2 hours of sleep on weekdays and >12 hours on weekends count?

People with DSPS tend to be extreme night owls. They feel most alert and say they function best and are most creative in the evening and at night.

:O

They often have asked family members to help wake them in the morning, or they have used several alarm clocks.

I know for a fact my mom always complains it's hard to get me out of bed. Once, i only woke up 2 hours after she started calling me! And yea, 3 alarms clocks don't work on me because i shut them up all at a go and go back to sleep. >;/

At least i'm still capable of sleeping peacefully, ne? I think the other kinds of sleep disorder sufferers have it worse.

& many loves to Woon Ching & Shihui for helping me to fill up my organic chemistry lectures notes! I kept dozing off unintentionally during lecture.. (˚д˚)





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.