☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Monday, January 26, 2009 | 9:33 PM

I had a very lazy Chinese New Year. Just went to visit 2 households for the day. There isn't much to do at people's house apart from watching the black box and dropping crumbs all over the floor. Unless you have your PSP or some other entertainment gadget lah.

Visited my ex-babysitter's house first. My 'third brother', Alex and his wife, Hui Fang came awhile later. They got married last year so this is the first year i'm getting an angbao from them! ;D

Let's see.. So that me, my parents, my second parents and my three brothers. The eight of us were sitting around watching the movie, Beast Stalker. At one part, it was a operating theatre and there was a scene showing the bloody bullets removed from the patient. My mom was like,"So bloody". And i said,"Really meh?"

Dang. I must be reading too much shounen and seinen manga. I still cringe at convulsion, though. You know those damn horror movies whereby the person is injected with some lethal chemical and he starts convulsing? It freaks me out big time!

Enough of that. Anyway, i went to my third uncle's house next since my granny's staying with them for the CNY. Everyone sat around munching on goodies and playing with their gadgets or watching old re-runs on TV.

It's amazing how i can fall sick on Chinese New Year. Stupid cough. There i was, hacking up my lungs during dinner. My aunt's nice, she gave me a cup of warm water to sooth the throat and my uncle gave me a pack of Eclipse mints. :)

After dinner, my mom suggested we all play Blackjack. And she made me play too. My cousins, Gerald, Valerie and i were the Blackjack greenhorns. Rofl. It's easy to pick up the basics. The hard part is how you intend to play with your cards and putting on a poker face. I only learnt the importance of putting on a poker face after watching how my uncle played the role of a banker. Can see that my dad and my uncles are experienced gamblers by looking at how they view their cards and how my uncle plays the role of the banker. -_-

The term "beginner's luck" is so true that it's eerie. By the end of the night, i was known as the "Blackjack girl" and Gerald, "the Double Ace guy". I got "A&J" or "A&K" like 5 or more times in two hours. The same thing applied for Gerald. He kept getting "A&A". My dad became the "Wu Long", meaning five dragons, because he always get 5 cards without exceeding 21 points.

My dad, who has experience with gambling, calls this the 'evil of gambling'. Simply put, this evil misleads you into thinking it's easy to get rich by gambling and drags you into the vicious cycle of gambling.

Pfffft. I don't even like money. There's no way i'll get addicted.

But hey, wanna know the best part of the night? ;D

At 10pm, for the last night, my mom raised the bet to $10 for everyone. AND I GOT BLACKJACK AGAIN! $20!! I threw down my cards and screamed! :D

My mom told me later that she had a feeling i would get blackjack for the last round. Hoho.

To be frank, i didn't make a windfall. If i hadn't won the last round, my mom would have made a loss. So i only break even. Ah well. It was fun while it lasted.

I want my dad to teach me poker next. Not because i want to gamble. I just want the knowledge. Teeheehee.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.