☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, January 24, 2009 | 3:07 AM

Mmmm, i'm horrible! I woke up at 6pm! This is what i get for making up for lost sleep during the weekdays. Ahaha. :D

My mom's birthday is tomorrow. Since it coincides with the reunion dinner, we're celebrating it earlier. And yep, it's a Chinese restaurant because she only likes Chinese food. We went to Dian Xiao Er at Causeway Point.


We had the yu sheng, Mongolian pork ribs and some vegetables. I'm not fond of pork ribs and i definitely don't like sweet and sour food. Still, the only food i throw off my plate are celery and meat fats. So yea, i forced myself to eat the ribs. Lol. ;/





After a bit of shopping around, my parents couldn't get what they need so we had to go down to Khatib.

My dad and i were grumbling about the lack of atmosphere. The biggest reason is probably the recession. When we were walking past some quiet HDB blocks in Khatib, i told my parents if i were a resident there, i would have deliberately blasted noisy Chinese New Year songs just to break the monotony. Heh!

I haven't been to Khatib for years after moving out nearly a decade ago. The place has changed so much. I miss the markets and neighbourhood atmosphere. It's a stark contrast from my serene Sembawang.





Went to the Sheng Siong supermarket there. They had a large variety of seafood. Tanks after tanks of live fishes. There were live prawns being scooped onto the iced display (ok lah, i know they were dying there) and jumping off the ice and onto the floor. And woohoo, the huge crab on your left! :D




Like i said, it's a huge variety!








Fishieeeeeeeeeeeees!








I was fascinated by the way the innards are sold. Just bag whatever you like and have it weighed. My mom was like, why do you want to take a photo of such disgusting things? LOL. I can see hearts, livers, intestines etc being sold in that photo. Urrgh.





A outskirts of the Khatib neighbourhood. It's only lively on the inside.







My parents bought me this wallet at Metro while we were at Causeway Point despite my saying that my current one was perfectly ok. What's wrong with using a $10 hot metallic pink wallet?! D:






I had a strap made for my PSP. Shiny red and personalised. :)












CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.