☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, February 13, 2009 | 10:01 PM

Erm. It's three days to the semestral exams and I'm still lacking the damn drive to mug! Charmaine Cheong, you idiot! D:

Nothing colorful happened this week. Woon Ching called me at 1.30am on Thursday to tell me about the communication skills results. Ahahaha. BASKET! The module that we both thought we would do badly in turned out to be one of the best (compared to the rest). At least that's one module taken care of already. :D

I'm wondering how am I going to memorise all the cell biology and biochemistry notes! Mundane memory work isn't my forte!

Oh, and after 17 years of existence, I finally learned how to blow a bubblegum!


Hehehe :D
Ok, that sounded stupid. Lol.

Esther asked me out to go to Sembawang Shopping Centre this evening. From what I heard, it sounded like her JC had a great time celebrating Valentine's Day. The girls made homemade food for each other and the guys ordered flowers for the girls even though they're just friends. I think it's nice how they don't restrict Valentine's to just lovers.

Esther made a heart-shaped onigiri for me too. Hehe. I told her I would learn how to make sanshoku dangos and treat all my kakis! :D

We were in time to catch the shuttle bus to SSC. Though we were the ones nearest to the door, all the other aunties and brats just had to squeeze to the front until their faces can kiss the door. After we sat down, I said to Esther," Singapore [sic] so kiasu. They want to be the first even when it's just boarding a bus. $1000 for the first person to board the bus~!"

Sarcarsm fully intended. I love to make a parody of people I can't stand. It's just fun to mock stupidity.

We went to Daiso to get some ingredients. For Esther, she needed more ingredients to make more sushi. And me, I bought 2 packets of joshinko to go with the 2 packets of shiratamako I bought at Meidi-Ya. I also got some matcha powder and green tea bags. Still lacking a few more ingredients to make the sanshoku dangos :/

Had chicken karaage and matcha kurian at MOF の Japanese Sweets & Coffee.





Today, we talked about the Beslan massacre 'cos Esther watched a documentary about it on youtube recently. One of the mothers involved had asked the terrorist how was he able to carry out such deeds. He replied that all his loved ones had already been killed.

Simply put, he had no emotional baggage. He had nothing left to lose.

Let's throw in a bit of sadism into this mini discussion. It's like breaking an animal in. You take away its rights and privileges and it will succumb. It's somewhat linked to mind control. Whatever it is, if you're weak-minded, you're nothing more than a sitting-duck and a puppet.

Later we went to Sun Plaza's NTUC to get a bag of Japanese rice for Esther before heading home. Most people would look around them with this curious expression. But Esther said I had a poker face even when I'm looking around me. I know how all my personalities originate and I know I can't change them even if I want to.

Recently, I can't help realising something. It has never struck me before but now when I think of it, it's true. I'm slightly anti-social. I'm ok with living a peaceful life with a few close friends. That's all I need. :)






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.