☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, February 06, 2009 | 10:16 PM

Had a nice date with Esther this afternoon. I met her at AMK station after her school ended. Took a train down to Bugis. We went there 'cos she wanted to get her friend a present from a shop there. That shop sells lots of cute stuff, a famous one being Domo-kun. Lol! :D

I never knew there were so many 'extremely retarded' cartoons. Retarded as in like, they make the stupidest expressions and do the stupidest actions! The kind that makes you really laugh out loud. I need to clear my handphone's memory and get Esther to send me that cute retarded cartoon!

We thought of going to Ajisen-Ramen to makan. While searching for the place, we chanced upon the new Shokudo: Japanese Coffee House. It has a different concept from the outlet at Cineleisure because the latter served mainly pastas and pizzas. The service was great too. The waiters really come to you with a smile when you call them over. I'm definitely going back there again :)


I had this for lunch. Clams and udon in a spicy soup. I just go crazy over chewy udon.


My favourite drink in the world. Green tea and azuki smoothie. The matcha flavour is so strong that I can taste it even with my blocked nose! No joke!


Esther's order, seafood and avocado pasta. Forgot the exact name. Haha. Looks nice, doesn't it?


Shokudo's tofu cheesecake. Yes, tofu. It's really unique for a cheesecake. It's lots better when eaten with the strawberry sauce! ;P

I wrote in my post last Saturday that I wanted to talk to her about my future. Ahaha. I was wondering how to bring up the topic. Then I got a surprise. Ok lah, not really a surprise. It has always been this way, her thoughts and I are synchronized. Same thoughts, same ideas, same feelings, completely identical to the extent that it's freaky. :D

But yea, she brought the topic up first. All I can say is that I'm relieved now. My fears are put to rest. And I'm grateful to have her as my friend.

It was a long discussion. We talked about staying single because we think Singaporean guys are _______. Before you males out there start sharpening your knives to come after me, I'm going to make myself clear.

I know there're still good guys. But I know I'll never find a guy I like in Singapore. I'm not even asking for some alpha male! At the very least, he must be sharp enough to know when I'm hiding my emotions. That alone is very taxing for any guy given my ambivalent nature. It would also be good if he's enigmatic or not conventional.

Bah. I've come to the conclusion I'll never find a guy like that in Singapore.

We talked about migrating too. Life in Singapore is safe and all. It's TOO SAFE. Singapore Flyer broke down? Big deal. Yet you see people making such a big hoo-ha over it. Oh, look what we have now. Biscuits, bottles of mineral water and blankets in each Flyer capsule. Oh my God. Esther said our discussion was close to criticising ______. It's a sensitive topic so I won't talk about it here.

I told her, it wouldn't be bad to stay together overseas. Being alone hurts more than anything else. I don't want to die old and alone either :O

"They can stay at the bottom of the well all they want. I'm going to hop out and see the rest of the world." - ME, with reference to the proverb of the frog at the bottom of the well.

And woohoo. There's got to be more to life than studies, work and family. Esther and I decided when we grow up, we're going to be backpackers and travel around the world. I don't care if I die in the nick of action as long as I've led a meaningful life.

For now, we're going to work towards getting our degree and earn enough money before migrating, I guess.


Went to Plaza Singapura's Daiso. Esther wanted to make ____ for her friends for Valentine's Day so we went there to get the necessary stuff.

Teehee. Look at the cute bottles I bought. They're used as mini soy sauce bottles. You can put them in bento boxes and such. Useful, huh? :)






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.