☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, February 28, 2009 | 9:50 PM

Happy birthday to my father and Esther! ♥

Amazingly, it has been 3 years since I did any artwork. I've drawing ever since I was capable of holding a pencil. In my primary school days, my works were mainly drawings and paintings. I self-taught myself how to draw anime/manga characters when I was in lower secondary. I gave up at some point because I couldn't progressed any further without anyone teaching me or reference books. So yea, 3 years indeed.

Even then, my paintings were done with poster paint. Probably because my dad's specialty is using poster paint so I took after him in that sense. Just this once, I attempted experimenting with water colours.


I... rushed the painting in one hour 'cos my parents were about to reach home. Haha! I didn't have enough time to add in more tones! But on the whole, I like the way my attempt at blending watercolours turned out.

My family went to Vienna International Seafood and Teppanyaki Restaurant to makan.






Mm! I discovered quite a few fascinating facts over lunch!

1. The restaurant has bought better quality red wine even if it's just those $10 or $20 per bottle kind. The table beside ours kept taking glasses after glasses of red wine and liquor. And my family were laughing at them (not aloud, of course, just among ourselves). Because the wine is cheap stuff and their alcohol content isn't even there. I'm not looking down on them. I mean, why the need to drown yourself with alcoholic drinks at some international buffet? :D

2. They serve green tea ice cream now! ♥

3. My mom and I dislike peppermint in our drinks.

4. My mom likes fruity tea leaves. Like mango tea, strawberry tea etc.

5. My dad likes earl grey tea.

6. Everyone in my family has different tastes when it comes to tea. I'm so devoted to my Japanese green tea, ok? :)


We got a nice seating location, right beside the fountain.


I've started to appreciate tea drinking as of late. In this photo, I'm drinking of rose tea. That's the house special for today. The restaurant prepared little teapots of rose tea for you to take.

I have yet to start on Esther's present (oops!). I've decided to make a drawing (with a meaning, of course). Shall scan and post it when I'm done with it.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.