☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, February 21, 2009 | 12:54 AM

I spent the day dining, sightseeing and talking (despite having a scary biochemistry paper next Monday). 'Cos Esther had a free pair of tickets to the Singapore Flyer and she invited me along. :)

I keep having headaches recently. Gotta be the damn weather. Today's was particularly bad. My head hurt until I was sweating. -.-" The long bus ride made it worse. At one point, I feel nauseous. Urgh..

Alighted at Esplanade and went to Marina Square for dinner. We went to MOF の My Izakaya. We've only been to their Japanese sweets and coffee outlet at Sembawang Shopping Centre. This one is a restaurant with main courses and all.


Woah, lah. A steaming pot of green tea, ok! This is way better than all the other Japanese restaurants I've been to because they only provide green tea bags or have their waitresses refill your glasses. I'm guessing the tea set is made of good quality too because they don't get heated from the hot tea.






Esther's tempura bento and my sansai udon. Just plain udon and Japanese vegetables. Yum! :3


Forgot the name of this dessert. This kind of dessert is called zenzai, though. Sweet red bean paste served with dangos and a scoop of green tea ice cream. Man! It was wonderful! :D

As usual, we chatted while dining. Hmmm, Esther had chatted with her schoolmate about travelling around the world. So their conversation was something like this.. Ok, I don't know her friend's name :/

Friend: Why don't you find a guy who thinks like you? Then you two can go travel around the world together.
Esther: It's not easy to find a guy like that leh. Since I already have a friend who thinks like me, I don't mind travelling with her.
Friend: But it's not like she'll always with you, right?

I thought for second then told Esther what I thought. That even if either of us should get attached in future, it doesn't mean we can't backpack together anymore. Just tell me and I'll go travelling with you anytime! :)

I don't feel the need to get attached. I don't feel like getting a boyfriend.
I don't want a clingy lover. I don't want a relationship that burdens me.

And my biggest reason for not wanting a relationship?

I don't want to get hurt.

Like before you get together, you like a guy so much but can only watch him afar, feeling like there's no way you two can be together?

Familiar to most people, I'm sure.

And yes, I effing hate that feeling.

I just felt like I'm causing myself unnecessary hurt. Hence I came to the conclusion, I'm not gonna fall for any guy. Besides, my inability to express my true feelings will only cause any relationship to break down. I'm better off being single. :D

So back to MOF! I was filling up a membership application form with one of the pens at each table. Then this one waitress saw me and asked me if I would like to use her pen instead. She's so nice!

When Esther and I left the place, even the kitchen staff looked up from their counters to say bye. I was amazed and smiled and said bye back. It's the first time in all my restaurant dining experiences that a kitchen staff greeted me. Oh, I just love all the staff there. They're wonderful. :)

Headed over to the Flyer! We had to go for this security check before we can board the flyer.




On the way to the area to board the capsule.


The 30mins ride began!


The only thing to see at night - City lights.


Lookit the teeny cars going below us!











Yea, the whole 30-mins was spent taking photos. Ha! :D


She has the eyes of someone who is set on the distant future. OK, I'm guessing what's on her mind at that moment so I might be wrong. Heh. ;/


I look a little cocky in this photo! :D


Much better!


Our favourite pose when it comes to taking photos.


After the ride, we took a slow walk along the road to City Hall. Long walks to nowhere are nice. It gives a momentary feeling of being closer to nature and away from the hectic city life.


On the MRT on the way home.

Esther surprised me by saying the same thing as my favourite Naruto character said. I think the same way too. Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Are we really right when we accuse people? Or... ? Or... ?

"People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "Reality." But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts... their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?" - Uchiha Itachi








CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.