☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, March 05, 2009 | 11:32 PM

Today's the only free day Woon Ching have in the whole holiday. Damn, it's scary how her 6 weeks of holiday can be booked everyday for CCA and school activities! But anyway, we decided to go to the Jurong BirdPark!


In the Penguin Expedition.


Hehehe. They look so cute, floating around in the water like a balloon would. :D




The emperor penguins. The alpha and the omega of all penguins.
Without a doubt, they own the best territory in the entire enclosure. There is only one area that is covered with a layer of thick ice.


Feeding time! Look at them penguins huddling around the fellow! Kyaaa! :D


Just look at the rest of the penguins swimming around to get the fishes!


The next show, "Birds N Buddies", was held at the Pools Amphitheatre.


The flamingos kept dancing around. Lol!


1V1 basketball, anyone?




Flying through a series of 3 hoops across the amphitheatre.


What the yay, I caught them crossing each other in mid-air! :D


If you observe clearly, the hole in the hula-hoop is wrapped with a piece of thin paper and it is torn when the bird flew through it.






Welcome to the "Talking Birds" area. I pity the birds here. They were bored out of their minds. I swore one of them was biting the cage door, as though it was trying to free itself. Another one was squawking at earsplitting levels and flapping its wings furiously. It continued its tirade even after one of the keepers came to check on it. Birds are meant to soar through the skies, yea? :/






I swear all the birds look away on purpose when they see you poised with a camera!! Must be their form of entertainment after getting bored of seeing tourists. It's as though they deliberately make you shoot their backside and then laugh at you when you go 'Aaaargh!' !






Only two words came to my mind when I saw this photo on my laptop.

INSANELY CHILDISH.

Hahaha!


Time to visit the owls!


I see signs like these everywhere, especially on the glass windows in pet shops. Yet I never fail to see little brats and lagi best, their parents too, rapping their knuckles and slamming their palms on the glass panels, trying to catch the attention of the mammals inside.

What the fug? You can say they are blind and dumb AND they're not even really handicapped in that sense.

Blind because they fail to see the signage telling them not to knock the glass.
Dumb because they don't realise knocking the glass gives the animals noise trauma.

Seriously, if you guys can afford to coo at the animals because they're cute, then don't give them the unnecessary stress.


Can you spot two owls? ;)


Peek-a-boo!

One of the owls had its back facing the window. When Woon Ching and I stood at the window for awhile, it suddenly turned its head 180 degrees to look at us! LMAO! Gave us a shock! It's a bit eerie when its head is facing you while the body isn't. Haha.





We proceeded to the Lory Loft to feed the lories!













Looks confrontational, doesn't it? It is photos like these that I like. It gives me a sense of achievement knowing that I manage to shoot that fleeting moment and preserve it.


Woon Ching was complaining that the lories mistook her thin arms for branches (lol!) and that their claws were hurting her.




While Woon Ching was taking my photo, an American couple stood behind her, waiting for us to finish because they can't cross the bridge before that. The guy made a goofy expression at me, making me laugh while my photo was being taken. Haha! Afterwards, I did apologise to them for causing them inconvenience ('cos they had to wait for us). I'm just that sort of person. :D






Ostrich! Ain't it cute?


Archaeologists-Can't Make Its.

ROFL!


Woon Ching has a fetish for ducks! Hahaha!


And she says,"Yo!"


The new Pioneer MRT station.

We slept on the train ride all the way to Raffles City. Transferred to another train to get to Dhoby Ghaut. Woon Ching wanted to make a bear at the Build-A-Bear Workshop. And she managed to convince me into making one too. Heh. She kindly sponsored me the clothings for my bear. :)


Every bear is just an empty shell, waiting to be filled with stuffings and given a heart.


A wide variety of clothings to choose from. They even have panties and boxers for the bears! I joked about buying a bear with nothing but boxers! Hahahaha! I'll get a earful from my parents if I do that. ;)

And it's a pity the shop didn't have the kimono boy outfit for the bear. Dang! I'm sure my bear will look oh-so-handsome in it (even though my bear is supposed to be a girl).

Went over to Far East Plaza for dinner. I haven't been there for the tom yam ramen in months. Missed it so much. Had dinner at the SLICE shop at Basement 1. They have become such a popular outlet since we went there when they just opened.




Itadakimasu!

Woon Ching accompanied me to Kinokuniya even though I said I'm ok with going by myself. She insisted that it isn't good to be a loner. Haha. Thanks Ching!

I'm pretty sure I'll be alone in future... In more than one way and for more than one reason.


Yay! :D






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.