☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Monday, March 02, 2009 | 9:59 PM

Two days ago, my dad and I were debating over some issues (I seem to talk only when it's a heavy discussion, huh?) and I told him, there will be an increasing number of students committing suicide in Singapore in future.

Now hold your horses! You can say I came up with that assumption based on the country's education system and the general human behaviour. Feel free to call my assumption bullshit. It's just my assumption, I've no scientific evidence backing it.

After my mother heard the news, she immediately called my uncle who then called up NTU. Because my cousin studies engineering there. Because they thought that there might be some massacre.

Tilting at windmills as they may be, it's always better to play safe.

I heard about the NTU incident only after my parents returned home. When I heard that the student had stabbed his lecturer, my first thought was: Did the Professor fail him for his project or module?

That seemed to be the only logical possibility, given how little I know about those involved. There may be other reasons but we'll probably know after the investigations. Maybe the secrets might be buried forever. Who knows?

Why is it so hard for humans to accept failure? I mean, ok, so you failed. Big deal. Suck it up and get on with life already. Do you honestly think the it's the end of the world just because you met your biggest crisis ever? Newsflash, buddy! The world is going to keep moving on whether you're dead or alive.

/Sigh.

I'm sure there're some underlying factors that may have caused Mr Hartanto to snap. But it's regretable it's too late to do anything. While I do not agree with his methods, the passing of a human life is to be grieved over. My condolences goes out to Mr Hartanto and those who know him, I guess.

After I saw the news on TV, I had this cold, amused smile on my face. Thumbs up to you if you can figure out why I had that sardonic expression. Don't worry, I'm not smiling because of the bloodshed shown on TV. I'm not that sadistic.





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.