☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, April 30, 2009 | 11:36 PM

I had so much fun in school this week. All the dirty jokes and teasing completes my day. I wonder if the rest of the semester could be like this. It would certainly ease up the mounting stress of the accumulating workload. The best one must be ____ girl joke. I laughed till tears streamed continuously and my stomach ached. And Woon Ching practically gave a live demonstration of the term 'ROFL'. Haven't laughed this badly in months. :D

These days I make people laugh even when I'm not being funny. Like the time Woon Ching and I were ordering yong tau foo and were picking out the ingredients when the auntie placed a bowl full of tomatoes. I immediately "Yay!" happily and the auntie and Woon Ching laughed at me. Oops.. :D

I think my facial expressions of incredulity is entertaining Fiza too. Not to mention the times when I acted out anime-style reactions and stunned Esther with the randomness of it.

Had a long day but it was fun. Mr Tay said I looked so stoned even before the first lesson started. Hahaha. I kept falling asleep during food ingredients too. Just too sleepy...

Human Biology and Immunology practical turned out to be fun. I was apprehensive at first because I can't stand injections. But pricking yourself with a lancet is entirely different. I feel so bad that Carellynn was 'patient' at first. I really didn't know she had a low volume of blood in her blood. And I pricked her twice too because the first time I didn't get it right. So, so guilty. After that I became the 'patient' and she pricked me. Good thing the blood smear turned out nicely!

Food ingredients practical was about sensory evaluation. I realise I suck at it. I can only differentiate the texture and quality of foods that I have experience with, like trying it at various places etc.

Esther had wanted to watch the movie, Knowing, for some time so we finally watched it today. The cathay at AMK Hub had this Labour Day special whereby each ticket gives you a free pack of popcorn and drink. Here's the catch: No student price. Sorta like coming back to a square, doesn't it?

She thought it would be something like National Treasure because of the code sheet. I thought it would be like The Day After Tomorrow since it's about the end of the world. I was closer but my guess is still wrong. The show is soooo 'heavy' and Christianity is applied too. The tragic scenes predicted by the deceased Lucinda Embry looked so fake to me. Like a plane suddenly crashing down on the highway and seeing traumatised people and people on fire running around screaming in anguish. The derailed train scene was way dramatic. The train derailed, crashed into the nearest train platform and further rammed into the train before it that was still at the station. Bam bam bam! Oh, the subwayand the train were packed too. Go imagine how many people got ran over.

Towards the end when Diana start to become paranoid, I thought to myself boredly: Irrational and reckless people get themself killed before they know it. Lo and behold, she really did die in the show. All because she went hysterical when the kids were kidnapped and started driving to chase after them. Only she wasn't in the right state of mind to look around her and see the traffic. Bam! Got hit by a truck and was sent to the other world. Diana's character seriously annoyed me towards the end. Women are a pain when they get all emotional, lose their rationality and think crying is going to solve everything.

Had a late dinner at the YES ASIAN CAFE right outside AMK Hub 'cos everywhere else was packed. Didn't expect the food there to be cheap and yummy. :)

Have a great long weekend, everyone!





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.