☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, April 04, 2009 | 11:05 PM

My parents decided to take me to JB. We haven't been in years because my father thinks JB's unsafe. He relented because I was the one who requested to go. My father gives in to me more than he does to my mother. Makes me guilty, sometimes.

Frankly speaking, I was upset and frustrated the entire day. I will elaborate on this at the end of the post.


Excuse me if I sound like a depraved kid. But woah, it's so convenient now. City Square is practically connected to the Checkpoint. The last time I came, which was more than 7 years ago, you have to walk some distance to get to City Square.






The Wong Kok Hong Kong Cafe.




Some dessert my parents ordered. I refused to eat the jelly after my mother told me crushed tortoise shell or somewhat is one of the ingredients. I avoid eating or using anything made from animals whenever possible.


The 'Double Agent' I ordered. It's mango pudding and grass jelly topped with sea coconut.


Their mango milkshake is great!


So is this chee cheong fun fried with XO sauce!


Bacon rolls with sweet and sour sauce. Can't really taste the sauce at all. Good thing too, I dislike sweet and sour food.


I wrote this on the serviette before leaving. When was the last time I wrote Chinese, seriously... Anyway, it means "Delicious!"


One of the shops inside 'Innercity' of City Square.

The Action City there is big and sells a wide range of stuff. If only they sold those stuff here in Singapore!


City Square, Action City: A whole glasscase of Hello Kitty items.


City Square, Action City: Hello Kitty bags and purses.


City Square, Action City: More Hello Kitty items like calculators and keyboards.

We went back to Wong Kok for tea/dinner. The food is really good, yea.


Salted lemon and sour plum juice. Despite the name, it is a refreshing and addictive drink (not disgusting at all, really!). Shoot, I'm craving for it as I type this.


C-9 Milk tea. The scoop of vanilla ice cream inside surprised us.


Glass noodles cooked with wine and bean soup.


Seafood in a paper pot.


I was hunting for a mini pouch like this in Singapore to no success. Yet, I found so many of these at those pushcart stalls at City Square. When my family went shopping at Orchard later on, I saw the same kind of pouch being sold at Levi's. I was like, wtf, and complained to my father. Every time I try to hunt for a certain style of clothes or accessory, they become hot items sometime later. Just like the time I tried to hunt for newsboy caps and arm warmers. Now they're common. My father and close friends know I have a uncommon (but not loud) dress sense! :D

Maybe this pouch will take over lanyards in future. Maybe. Ha!

---------------------------------------------------------------

So why was I miserable? My father was like a 'wet blanket' since morning. My mother said it felt like he poured a bucket of icy water on you whenever you tried talking to him. Which was true, his replies were clipped.

It nearly drove my mother to tears a couple of times.

And BOTH OF THEM DROVE ME UP THE WALL.

It's sickening. Even if I choose not to think about it, my brain subconsciously interprets people's body language so that I can understand their emotions and thoughts. Sure it drove me nuts. To the extent I wished they would just quarrel on the spot and cancel the trip.

I kept navigating the chatting such that both of them would be involved and used simple actions to 'warm' their hearts. It's all about choice of words, intonation and actions. I didn't even 'counsel' them or anything. Though they occasionally snapped at each other throughout the day, things improved gradually.

To think my father was the one who said not to let work stress affect his mood outside of work. Then again, he's human, afterall..

Ended up I had to put on a poker face and play peacemaker.

Whatever. Things are fine now.











CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.