☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, April 11, 2009 | 11:59 PM

Star Cruise: SuperStar Virgo
Day 2


I like this photo! It just feels so serene.



Dawn's cracking.






A strong breeze greeted us when we stepped onto the deck.











All of us took a photo with the moon.









The sun's rising!



Now, if only there weren't so much clouds around...






A random shot of the clouds in the sky.



Cabin window view, anyone? :D

After viewing the sunrise, it's 8am and breakfast time. We tried the Western restaurant, Bella Vista. They have the basic buffet consisting of bread, pastries, salad, yoghurt and cereals. That aside, you have a menu that you're supposed to mark out what you want for the main course.



Bacon strips and scrambled eggs.



Waffles and maple syrup.



Those waiters are freaking strong! At other restaurants, waiters usually come to you with just your one dish in hand. Here at the Bella Vista, they carry stacks of dishes on this 'plate thingy' (well, my vocabulary knowledge isn't so great to know such nouns) and support it on their shoulder and the flat side of their palm. Like, wah! :O

I regret not taking a photo of their coolness. Hahaha!

Right after breakfast, Esther and I went back to the cabin to get our swimming costume before heading to the Parthenon Pool. It's only 9+ so there wasn't much people around. Just a group of kids playing in the teeny pool and some aunties soaking in the jacuzzis.

This may sound weird but we used the depth of the pool to gauge our heights. To my MAJOR dismay, I haven't grown any taller. I've been stuck at 1.55m since Secondary 3 or 4 and might continue to do so. Grrrr!

Oh, they have this looooong slide too. The neat thing about it is that inside the slide, a section of it is all dark and there're colourful LED light bulbs lining the top. Talk about a treat for the eyes inside a boring slide, huh?!

Sat down on one of the numerous deck chairs to get a tan. The sun's no joke. I can feel myself being roasted even at 10am. So we decided to get the heck out. I just fully recovered from a sunburnt and don't intend to go through another week of skin-shedding.


Visited the 'Galaxy of The Stars'. It's like a bar and a disco. Nothing much on in the day. They were blasting dance songs when I was there, though. For a crazy moment, I almost felt like dancing along to those songs!






A special area where you get to watch the captain and his crew in action.


Believe it or not...


WOOOOOOOOO 10,000 rolls of toilet paper! Wahaha! :D




Probably one of the most well-liked spots on a ship ever since Titanic. It's a restricted area (for a good reason too, lol).


Another one of my favourite photos taken during this cruise.


I'm wearing Esther's cap for fun!




Tea time at 4pm at The Mediterranean.

Seriously, there's nothing to do on board a cruise except to eat. Unless you're of age and can gamble lah. Which reminds me, the bouncer wouldn't allow me inside the casino. And all my father wanted was to give me an insight of how a casino is like!


One of the many flights of stairs in the ship.


The sun's reflection off the water surface is nice!




"When you've got nothing to do, you camwhore to kill time. The crazier the poses, the more fun you have and the faster time passes." - Charmaine

Lol. Stupid logic of mine! ^^V


I've no idea why I look so demure in this photo. 'Cause I'm not. If you notice how I position my fingers (e.g. when I'm holding something), you might think I'm demure. That and my choice of words. I don't think I'm demure lah. I can be crude too.


It's playtime!


Doing the ballerina pose ;D




Had the gates been truly open, this would have made the perfect picture...








OH MY GOD.

This girl can be so ridiculous and crazy at times like this!!

When she sees a lifebuoy, her first idea is "It's meant to save you" and therefore, "Must cling on for a dear life."



Don't ask me why the lamp. I've no idea myself. Crazy people are just crazy people, you know?


Had enough of camwhoring. We decided to take a stroll along the deck.


Ooh la la, the ship's shadow. Esther suddenly had a scary thought. That the sea seemed endlessly deep. That it would be unbearable to fall into the waters and well, ... kick the bucket. Lol.


Yea yea, time for the next meal. LOL. All there is do is to makan, what!


It was drizzling slightly outside. Anyway, I took this photo from Bella Vista. Was standing at the end of the restaurant, beside the full height glass panel windows.


I captured this on my digital camera. Freaking battery decided to die on me right after that. :(


My father's appetiser. Some salad stuff.


This here is my mom's appetiser. Hot and sour soup (suan la tang).


Here's mine! Smoked salmon! Yum!


The seaweed beneath the smoked salmon looks like a worm, doesn't it? :D


The lamb shank Esther and I ordered. Mine was seriously uncooked. You can see the pink flesh and blood oozing from it. I didn't eat everything..


Sherbet!


The 'Honey Hint'. It's something like a jasmine-flavoured tofu cheesecake topped with honey. It's delicious and the layout is pretty too.

My parents went to catch a performance by Xu Nai Lin (something like that) while Esther and I went to the arcade. Was never one for those games involving gun shooting but the arcade seriously lacked a choice of games. So I ended up playing and had fun! :D

Went to the upper decks to go to the Ice Cream Palour to get some ice cream. My father found us there before we met up with my mother and headed to the Galaxy of The Stars.


A performance by a band. Sadly, no one went in front and dance. A disco ain't a disco unless there're people dancing it out.


My father is eating kacang puteh! Hohoho. My father, Esther and I ordered Long Island Ice Tea while my mother had a Cordial Lime Vodka.


There was a magic show by a famous magician. But any form of photography and video recording were prohibited due to copyright laws so yea.


Bingo is fun! My mother had so many numbers going for her before the 45th number but her luck disappeared after that. No one won the jackpot. Only 2 people got the consolation prize: $400.


And and and... supper!







CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.