☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Wednesday, May 13, 2009 | 10:00 PM

Food microbiology practical test 1 today! They wanted to test our basic skills such as using the microscope (it takes skill too, ok?!), aseptic technique, streak plate, pour plate, etc. I freaking goofed on the Gram stain. Bloody E.coli refused to take in the stain! Oh well.

In the afternoon, the GA exco went for the Induction Workshop organised by the Student Union for the CCA leaders. Woon Ching and I met up with Ashsiqqin and Shu Hui outside LTK-2.


The free pen and notebook that everyone got. The pen is cool. You press a button and the pen flicks open for use. Woon Ching and I purposely selected the green notebook. Green for Green Ambassadors!


Saw a few familiar faces inside the lecture theatre, most of whom I got to know through NYAA's many activities. There were a few presentations by the SA officers to brief the student leaders on the standarding operating procedures. I prefer to term it 'effing paperwork'. Because it's all about filling up the documents and submitting it to the upper echelons for approval.

Everyone attending the workshop were separated according to our respective positions: Presidents, Vice-Presidents, Treasurers and Secretaries. Later on during the workshop, they further divided us into groups to come up with a skit using a song assigned to each group within 15 minutes. Sounds crazy but every group managed to come up with something.


Up till the time it was my group's turn to perform, we only came up with a pledge-like thing. But VERY AMAZINGLY, we not only followed Nicholas's (FS0802) lead in saying the pledge (with both hands up as a joke), the SA officers like the pledge so much that she asked that we lead everyone in the workshop in saying it too! Wow! It felt so awesome. :D

It turned out to be a fun workshop. A workshop where you have people tossing Tolberone chocolates and smiley-face stress balls for you to catch and cracking tongue-in-cheek jokes. It definitely spices up what would have been a boring workshop about financial procedures and paperwork.


Stumbled upon this toilet in school. The heck, did the school renovate it recently or what? All the other toilets aren't this fancy!


For a moment, I thought I would have to take a taxi home. Thank goodness the train service was restored within a minute of my standing there looking at this sign. Haha!






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.