☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Wednesday, May 20, 2009 | 11:11 PM

I had one crazy afternoon. Because of the trip to Marina Barrage, Woon Ching and I had to rush our food chemistry and food microbiology experiments. Unfortunately, both involved long waiting times and the usage of different labs. Still, thank goodness we finished in time, no doubt bringing a lot of inconvenience to Ms Marlene. I feel bad troubling her so much.

Rushed to block E to board the buses along with the CSC and Geo Council members. Many thanks to Geo Council for organizing this trip!


At the entrance of Marina Barrage.
(From left: Me, Woon Ching, Ashsiqqin, Shu Hui)


No matter how many times I see Water Wally, I still think he's cute!


Some snacks and drinks provided too!


Lol!

Wow that's deep. It would suck to fall into the waters..


There was a couple and a photographer taking their wedding photographs at the spot over there.


Hahaha! :D


This cafe rocks. Whether you choose to sit outside or inside the cafe, there is an excellent view of the sea and a good dose of sunlight. I didn't take a photo of the cafe interior. But it's so cosy and relaxing inside..


Everyone in the photo is from NYP!


The screen is upside-down so you have to stand/sit that way to look at it. Talk about straining your neck..


Rows and rows of bottles.


This thing revolves continuously. Sure is a pain trying to read what's inside.


Oh dear. I forgot to rotate this photo.


It's a mini version of the Marina Barrage. You can fiddle around with the touch-screen games to learn about how the barrage works. The water works are synchronised with the games too.


I like this display.


There's a camera above the screen. All you got to do is press a button to take a photo. Your photo will be displayed on screens along the corridor. Just like Ashsiqqin's below! :P


This is the e-postcard booth. You select a background of your choice and take a photo. There's a keyboard for you to type out the recipient's email address. I personally like this booth. It's fun!

The entire walkway is like this. Pitch black with lights resembling stars.


Heading to the rooftop.


Great spot for a picnic and games. The Geo Council planned some games to allow us to get to know each other. We played two games: Wacko and Blow Wind Blow. Argh. I hate wacko. Plus my name got called a few times too.


After the games, we were told to get to make friends with someone you don't know. Adrena (I have no idea how to spell her name) came up to me and we asked for some basic information like name, school, hobbies, etc. She's from SIDM studying animation and likes watching anime.

The few girls that I got acquainted with of late seem to like watching anime. I've yet to find another girl who likes reading manga as much as I do. :}



The free hats that everyone got.


And that's it for the Marina Barrage trip! Might be bringing the other GA members here in future. :)





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.