☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, May 08, 2009 | 11:28 PM


I saw this on the floor while walking through the atrium. Looks like a double rainbow too! Sweet! :D

Microbiology tutorials on week 3 and 4 will show groups of students presenting a song. The students are free to pick a song of their choice and the lyrics must contain facts related to one of the lectures. I seriously enjoyed this tutorial. Everyone came up with different lyrics and presentation styles and some were funny! :D

My group used the National Day song, "One United People" by Stefanie Sun and edited the lyrics to contain facts about Clostridium botulinum. It's actually fun to sing it. And you can do many variations too. Hahaha!

I took photos of all the groups except the first two. I was sitting at the front row at the start so it was too near to get a full photo of the first group and secondly, my group's the second to go up. Lol. I wonder if anyone has the photos for the first two groups.. Doubt so. Shame. :(


  • Topic: Shigella

  • Song used: Untitled - Simple Plan


  • Topic: Listeria monocytogenes

  • Song used: Apologize - One Republic


  • Topic: Clostridium botulinum

  • Song used: You're My Sunshine


  • Topic: Hepatitis A

  • Song used: Wouldn't It Be Nice - The Beach Boys


  • Topic: A few microorganisms

  • Song used: Way Back Into Love


  • Topic: Microbes
  • Song used: Oops!... I Did It Again - Britney Spears

  • Raymond and Thawit joined the group of seniors because they were short of people (to hold up the letterings). Miss Sze got roped in too! Remember the conversation part in the middle of the song? She had to do the voiceover for Britney's lines, but following the edited lyrics. HAHA! :D


    I admit I was tired and didn't smile enthusiastically for this photo. The group of us had lunch at Macs and cracked more dirty jokes before heading for the food science labs.


    The way she holds the McSpicy reminds me of the KFC Bandito. Lol.

    The last photo for today. My handphone died on me after that. :(

    We got bored waiting outside the labs so we started a discussion on our first impression of each other in the group. I got chosen to be the first one to say. Haha, must be because I'm the one who hides her emotions and thoughts the most in the group.

    I swear to God I don't have first impressions of people. For the few people whom I can see through and list out their good points and flaws the first time I look at them, it's because of their body language. That's all.

    We then started playing some group games, like Oom Oom Chucky Chucky and 007. More and more of our classmates joined until it was loud, crazy and messy. Had so much fun!

    Today's project 2 session wasn't as 'delicious' as last week's. Can't believe thawing the fish fillet makes so much difference. The stupid microwave oven went nuts on us too. Wasted our time. We only left at 5pm. Starting next week, we will be working on new products. Towards the end of the session, some of us decided to bring the extra frozen food home. Haha! I think everyone couldn't resist the pizzas. :D






    CONTACT ME

    E-MAIL :
    ccsm2@hotmail.com

    HANDPHONE :
    (+65) 9xxxx167

    FACEBOOK :
    (Click here)

    SKYPE :
    charmaine.cheong

    BLACKBERRY PIN :
    239045EF


    ABOUT ME

    Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

    TAGBOARD



    LINKS
    If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



    ARCHIVES
    1. November 2007

    2. December 2007

    3. January 2008

    4. February 2008

    5. April 2008

    6. May 2008

    7. June 2008

    8. July 2008

    9. August 2008

    10. September 2008

    11. October 2008

    12. November 2008

    13. December 2008

    14. January 2009

    15. February 2009

    16. March 2009

    17. April 2009

    18. May 2009

    19. June 2009

    20. July 2009

    21. August 2009

    22. September 2009

    23. October 2009

    24. November 2009

    25. December 2009

    26. January 2010

    27. February 2010

    28. March 2010

    29. April 2010

    30. May 2010

    31. June 2010

    32. July 2010

    33. August 2010

    34. September 2010

    35. October 2010

    36. November 2010

    37. December 2010

    38. January 2011

    39. February 2011

    40. March 2011

    41. April 2011

    42. May 2011



    CREDITS

    © Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



    CHARMAINE CHEONG.

    I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

    I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.