☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Tuesday, May 05, 2009 | 10:24 PM

Last week's project 2 session got postponed to today. This year's assignment is fun! We're supposed to try out various methods of cooking the food provided by local food companies, find the method with the optimum results and offer constructive feedback. For the next two weeks or so, each group will be focusing on a different product each. My group's handling the fish fillet. Ooomph! :D


Getting the fish fillets, timer, thermometer etc ready.


Check out the deep fryer! It took an entire bottle of NTUC canola oil to fill it up. And there was this foul 'metallic' smell emanating from the oil when we started heating it.


The first fish fillet we fried. Yum! We're spearing the fish with the thermometer-thingy to check if the temperature of the meat inside is even throughout the fillet.


We were required to cook the fish via baking too. Doesn't look that appetising now, huh? The meat ended up a lot drier too. After doing some basic tests, we decided to simply fry all the remaining pieces and have a feast! :D


Yep, this is an extra fillet too. We just decided to cook them all. HAHAHA.


I imitated the sizzling sounds with my mouth for the fun of it but Nabilah fell for it. She thought the sounds really came from the oil. Haha! :P


Kinda looks like metal weapons attacking the fish fillet.

Food marketing & innovation tutorial was slack this week, considering we had no tutorial to discuss because the lecture last week was postponed due to Labour Day. Miss Choo is nice to close one eye and let us munch on snacks because we had no lunch break today at all. Watched a half-hour video on marketing food products and discussed about the coming project before the day was officially over.

Headed to the library to get some reference books to do the food ingredients report. Managed to find a super useful book. I couldn't join the rest to stay back late so I headed home first.


Woon Ching and her stickers on her shirt collars.

If you let your imagination run wild, there are *ahem* many more locations where you can paste the stickers as a pair on your body. Ahaha! Just one of the jokes among the group of us regarding the two stickers we take daily for the temperature check. ;D






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.