☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, May 09, 2009 | 9:20 PM

Today is Vesak Day. All right, I admit I'm not a devout Buddhist myself. But anyway, my parents and I went to the temple at Bugis to pray. Shopped around Bugis Junction thereafter.


I finally got my eyebrows pluck. Laugh at me all you want. Not that age matters but I can see most girls pluck them way early these days. I got it done at EraBelle for $29. The lady's pretty experienced. People kept saying how plucking the eyebrows hurts and the tears will keep flowing. Sure it hurts, but my tears didn't come out. Sometimes I question my body's tolerance for pain and alcohol -.-"


I seldom come to Bugis Junction so I didn't know there was an area full of wonderful restaurants. There was even a MOF の My Izakaya outlet! I swear by MOF and Sushi Tei. MOF outlets are the best place to relax. It's called 'Izakaya' for that reason, you know.

"Izakaya" is a Japanese word which means pub. In Japan, izakayas are pubs where the Japanese come to relax after a day's hard work. Izakaya is also a favourite joint for the families to enjoy wide range of affordable Japanese food. For the adults, there is a wide selection of sake, beer and wine.

Source: http://www.ministryoffood.com.sg/brandStory.aspx


My parents opted for 'Seafood Harvest by Jack's Place'. Probably the only restaurant there with the least young people around. They have this Mother's Day special menu too! All three of us ended up ordering one of the three items on the menu each.


The garlic bread is crispy and delicious! Now I got a craving for it when I'm typing this. Cruuuuud!


I'm not one for food coated in batter and fried. The coated layer makes me feel bloated.


Talk about a well-balanced meal. There're as much fruits and vegetables as there are seafood. Even the rice is full of raisins. I like the sauce they provided with this dish. It's a sweet and creamy mango sauce and tastes so damn good. Lol!


I didn't really tried this. But from the looks of it, I should have ordered this. Hahaha.


My mom's order is so cute. All the food on a satay stick!


I'm attracted to this cheesecake. Just looks so sweet.


All in all, the food at Seafood Harvest is great and the staff there are friendly. Will be going there again in future.


We decided to head over to Iluma, the new shopping centre at Bugis. Notice the ice crystal shapes on the exterior of the building? They actually have lighting effects, which looks fantastic at night.


The many pushcart stalls lining the concourse.


Look at the huge glass doors of the first floor outlets! There's an outlet I like on the first floor too. It's called Sette Parole (if i remember correctly) and their clothes are all made in Japan. I fell in love with their simple and feminine designs.

The only escalator starting from the first level.. and it takes you all the way up to the fourth floor. You have to take another escalator to go down to the second, third and fifth floors. It's amusing if you're a first-timer but it gets annoying after some time, I guess.


So many restaurants. I can't wait to try them!


Oh my goodness. Japanese Food Amusement Restaurant? *Squeals* I hope it'll be open the next time I go there.


Funky building :)


Otaku House! I had so much fun inside that shop, looking at all the collectibles. I had to stop myself from buying more than necessary. Urgh. One of the things I bought was a Naruto-themed tea set. It's useful considering I drink hot green tea so often.


Ok, this has nothing to do with the photo above. Haha. I've LOVE boots ever since I'm a kid. Don't ask me why. It's a love at first sight thing (except it ain't with a guy, HAHAHA!). I finally saw a shop selling some decent designs! Not exactly what I'm looking for but what the hell, I'm despo for boots now. Singapore is boots-deprived, if you ask me.


Pity most of their designs don't suit my baby-face and neither do they have my size. I need to go visit their other outlets.. Bummer.







CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.