☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Wednesday, June 17, 2009 | 11:17 PM

World Leadership Conference
Day 3


Plenary on economics. Ashsiqqin, Shuhui, Woon Ching and I reached the auditorium slightly late. Hehe.


Woon Ching has been drawing a lot in the notebook given to us during the conference. She said it keeps her awake. :D

Natural disasters. All her drawings are environment-themed.


We had a chat session with Mr John Perkins using Skype! Never expected something like that to be done in a conference. Hahaha! How ingenius! :D


LOL!


We had to type out our queries because he couldn't hear us properly 'cos of the sound system.



The tour for the Green Tech group was to be held at the National Library. We had more than 2 hours of free time so we got permission from our group facilitator, Patrick to meet the rest directly at the National Library at 2pm.



We visited the National Museum, which happened to be the building next door!


Many thanks to the kind security guard who helped us to take this photo! (:



The swinging chandeliers.


For this exhibition on the Singapore history, we were given a 'companion'. As you walk along, there will be numbers on the floor for each station. Press the numbers on the 'companion' and you will hear a voice clip with information for that station.


Again, thanks to the person in charge of distributing the companions at the start for helping us to take this photo! (:


Inside a mini theatre.


Bwahahaha! Woon Ching!!


We're being pervs! ;)


What happened right after this photo was taken was hilarious. Ashsiqqin continued walking straight into the mirror because it was reflecting the actual path behind us. She was about to crash into the mirror before she realised it. Hence, she jumped back in shock and fell on Woon Ching, who was right behind her. And they both fell down onto the floor! Hahaha! The comical duo. :D


The traditional wedding dress. Nowadays, wedding dresses are sexed up, IMO. Lol.


You can actually inhale the scent of some spices through that pump. Not all smelt pleasant. Argh. I chose not to smell the pepper. Haha!




We went to visit the Verner Panton exhibition currently being held at Basement 1.




You can play around inside this cushy playground. There's a lady outside who will provide you with hand sanitizer and plastic shoes to put on.


Woon Ching: V for Verner!


Sometimes I will have that expression on my face when I'm trying to figure out something by myself.


Ok, ok, Charmaine's finally got it!


Look at Woon Ching's expression!!


This makes me feel like going back to the museum in December. :P



We almost couldn't find our way to the National Library. Had to ask for directions. Good thing we managed to reach in time.


A presentation by Mr Ravi Gokulanathan from the Properties & Facilities Management.


Bet you never thought buildings are so advanced in green technology. It's ok. Neither did I. Lol!


Woah, she's still holding onto her pen while sleeping.



Ashsiqqin's photos made me realise.. I make A LOT of facial expressions! More than I realise it myself. People have never managed to take a photo of my expressions so I never realised how funny I look. No wonder my friends laugh at my expressions so much, especially I make an incredulous face.



We were brought on a tour around the library to learn more about the specific designs used to utilize daylight as much as possible, minimize energy consumption, etc.


You won't believe how effective plants are in cooling the environment! You have to be there to feel the difference! :O


Can you spot Woon Ching? ;)



The books are part of the shelf. But they can be pulled out and read, as demonstrated by Woon Ching.



By right, we were suppose to enter this room to learn more about how the National Library manages their waste. Ashsiqqin couldn't tahan the odour so we ended up waiting outside for everyone to come out. xD


We're at the highest floor, I think. There's a very nice view of Singapore up here. I love it. (:
Hmm. I think those with a fear of heights will get a good wave of vertigo if they look down from the glass panels. :d



-End of Day 3 -







CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.