E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com
HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167
FACEBOOK :
(Click here)
SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong
BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF
Food microbiology lesson ended early today. During the three hours break prior to food marketing tutorial, Woon Ching, Nabilah, Fiza and I were trying to complete the powerpoint slides because some parts were left out. Ended up being notified that tutorial was cancelled 'cos Ms Choo was sick. That gives us more time to prepare then. Haha.
I'm half-way through reading Battle Royale. It's a nice read so I'm trying to savour it instead of speed reading like I do with other books. The scenes where the classmates were forced to fight to the death were nothing short of gory and animalistic. That aside, the trust, wits, friendship, betrayal and politics involved is brilliant.
Those who trusted and ended up being murdered.
Those who displayed cool logic in the face of adversity.
Those who vowed to avenge the fallen comrades.
Those who would die for what they believe in.
Those who do anything, and anything, to stay alive.
There were many more characteristics displayed (can't be naming them all..) and more to come with the second half of the book. I think another major theme is unrequited love. Most of the characters were touched on with this topic. Like two childhood friends liking the same guy, or those who try their hardest to survive and find the person they like (they were separated during the program), or those who got mistrusted and attacked by the one they love.
Mmm.. Bittersweet, huh? There were two couples that I admire, though. For the first pair, it was love at first sight when they first met. They had a gut feeling that the other would be able to understand them down to their heart. Both of them were nice people. Probably the last people you expect to participate in the killings. They opted to commit suicide and follow each other in death. Jumped off a cliff hand-in-hand into the inky waters below. Just can't get any more romantic and touching than that, IMO.
The next couple.. They were not an item. More like childhood friends. I would love to share more about this pairing. But I think I'll ruin the brilliance of these two unless I can quote the entire chapter. The ending was bittersweet too. The girl died in his arms. *Sighs*
The unrequited love in Battle Royale gave me loads of food for thought. Haha. (:
CHARMAINE CHEONG.