☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Sunday, July 12, 2009 | 11:27 PM

This post is dedicated to Esther. (:



You already know how I feel about you. Haha! Thanks so much for the paper bag of gifts today. I can't wait to watch the Hanakimi episodes. Thanks for sharing the things you like with me, such as the coffee candy and the novel. It means a lot to me.




"You think that he is the perfect guy, and then you marry him, only to find out he is a husband from Hell." - Charmaine



I hadn't meant it as a joke! Maybe I have a knack for saying random thoughts that leave my friends in stitches. Rooooar. Especially the 'husband from Hell'. My choice of words, omg. Whatever. I like making my friends laugh too. Heh. I know we had a discussion about how some adults you knew went through abusive relationships. Scary how we humans distort love, eh?



There's an article I've been meaning to share with everyone on my blog. I shall dedicate it to you, Esther, for I want you to know that true love still exists in today's dog-eat-dog world.



I have always believe that animals possess emotions. This article proved me right.





Photos of two birds are said to have been taken in the Republic of Ukraine where the bird is trying to save his mate. Millions of people cry after watching this picture in America and Europe. It is said that the photographer sold these picture for a nominal price to the most famous news paper in France. And all the copies of that news paper were sold out on the day of publishing these pictures.




Here, his mate injured and the condition was fatal.





Her mate lingers nearby offering solace and eventually he brings food to her. On one of his return trips he finds his mate dead and seems to try to shake her awake and attended to her with love and compassion.





Aware that she is lost to him he cries out in obvious anguish. Every time a car passes, the bird flies off for a moment but then returns to mourn, his heart clearly broken. Shocked at her death, he tried to move her.





Eventually the photographer, concerned for the safety of the living bird, put down his camera, picked up the bird and removed it from the road. The grieving bird lingered in a nearby tree, "crying" out loud with adoring love and reluctant to move on.








No one knew how long he stood beside her and cried. Devastated by the loss.



Source: Click here




I would be lying if I said my eyes didn't get watery after reading the article. Me thinks we humans have a long way to go when it comes to love..



I'm flattered you think I'm brave. IMO, I haven't done anything to warrant that praise lol. Still, I'm glad and honoured my actions have given you courage to change the outcome on your side. I had a feeling long ago that things would work out well for you. So don't worry and go with the flow. Some things only come once in a lifetime.







CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.