☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Monday, August 17, 2009 | 11:33 PM

I met Nabilah first thing at Woodlands MRT station before we headed off for my alma mater. I got a letter from the school telling me to go collect my School Graduation Certificate. Esther and I were slightly indignant when we found out about it. It should have been given to us a year ago. Of all things, they left out the certificate from the University of Cambridge. What a joke..


Somehow, when I entered the campus, I don't feel at home at all. So much for the place where I spent four years at, huh? When I entered the General Office and greeted the staff, I couldn't recognize any one of them. I saw the principal for a brief moment when she walked into one of the rooms. I nearly snorted. I think my impression of the upper echelons of the school was that condescending. Haha. Makes me wonder how much has changed inside the school. I heard most of the good teachers had left. I also heard the school has an indoor stadium now. Not that I bothered to go see for myself. IMHO, the golden era of my alma mater had passed ever since I entered Secondary 2. Nuff said.


The whole trip felt like some business trip instead. After I got the certificate, Nabilah and I headed off to Causeway Point where we had breakfast at Long John Silver before heading to the library. Managed to get a bit of mugging done before we slacked (again).


I reached home in time for dinner with my father. I feel guilty for not spending more time with my parents (only seeing them for meals). So I sat down to watch Armageddon (1998 disaster/science fiction-action film) on Channel 5 with him. Missed some parts of it 'cos I reached home late. My father and I kept laughing at the funny antics of the motley crew. The ending was touching. Heroism and a father's love. Scientically inaccurate as it may be, the show's so nice. Makes me feel like watching the full thing again during my holidays. (:


My father likes to play the CDs of his favourite songs at times. I grew up listening to those songs, so naturally, his favourite songs became some of my favourite songs. Like Hotel California by The Eagles and Love, Me by Collin Raye. The soundtrack for Armageddon, I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing by Aerosmith is another of our favourites.








CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.