☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, August 07, 2009 | 10:49 PM

SCL(LS) National Day Celebrations 2009


Prior to the celebrations, it was lessons as per normal. Time for the fifth and final product testing for Project 2! This time round, it's chicken karaage. *drools* (:


We attempted microwave-baking them. They don't look that appetizing, huh? :/



There was a group that was working on beef satays and they had to barbecue them. Yup, a portable BBQ pit right in the food labs! Haha. Leanne and Alex are having fun fanning the flames - with a chopping board and a table cloth respectively! Moments like this brighten up the mundane food science student life a heck lot!


Slacker spotted! HAHA. :D



You know what? Deep-fried foods never cease to amaze me with their ability to be so sinfully good. As if the oil wasn't bad enough, there were layers of fat inside the chicken karaage.


Woon Ching and her angel.


After Project 2 ended, there was some time left before the celebrations start. We proceeded to check out the bazaar along the corridor outside the fast food food court.


This stall sold lots of ceramic trinkets which can be made into keychains, necklaces, etc. The ceramic bits can be personalized as well. Sweeet! The couple necklaces were selling well too. The kind where two pieces have to be placed together to get the full picture. Makes a nice change from the usual jewellery. Haha.


Awww. Queen Fiza meant to say,"Talk to my hand instead." How cruel, Her Majesty! This Prince Charm(ing) is hurt. Ah well. At least I've got the pretty Princess Woon Ching posing for me. :D


That's the early birthday present Woon Ching got for Fiza. Super woman Fiza. Woohoo! (:


And the early birthday presents Woon Ching got for Nabilah and me. The School of Chemical and Life Sciences Adidas T-shirt!


There's a reception before the actual celebration starts. Free food, anyone?


AHA! I spot a few of the food science lecturers in this scene. Ok, I'm being lame..


HAHAHA this reminds me of the PSP game, Patapon!! Pata, pata, pata, pon! xD


Oh yea. We went around taking photos with our lecturers/tutors/practical instructors, old and new. (:

Human Biology and Immunology - Mr Teh


Food Microbiology - Ms Sze


Food Marketing and Innovation - Ms Tan


Introduction to FS/ Food Ingredients - Mr Tan


The Food Science laboratory TSO - Jessie and Lin Liang



Food Chemistry and FS0803 mentor, Ms Marlene


Organic Chemistry - Dr Phoon and Food Microbiology - Ms Irene


Introduction to FS/ Unit Operations for Food Processing - Mr Tay


Gotta be crazy to have fun!


Woon Ching's a self-proclaimed food critic. Lol. (:


A showcase of the NE projects the current year twos did a year ago.



Er - I forgot the class. But yea, they led the singing of this year's NDP song.



Zomg. I can't believe that was supposed to be the celebrations. Why bother writing a few other programmes on the itinerary if no one's gonna follow it at all? Like what some of my friends said, the event should be called the 'NE Project Showcase' instead. If it weren't for the given NE points, everyone would have ponteng.

Now this is amusing. These two are taking the train bound for Marina Bay..


whilst the three of us are waiting for the train to Jurong East. Practically taking photos across the opposite platforms. :D



I went to meet Esther for our weekly meet-up. Today, it's Sembawang Shopping Centre! We went there with the intention of visiting the on-going Japanese fair. Bought a bit of Japanese snacks. Ahaha. Without a doubt, the stuff I bought contained green tea.. (:


Hey! This green tea milkshake at MOF is sweet and thick. I like it. It's still second to the azuki-and-matcha milkshake at Shokudo, though. ;)









CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.