@ 6:18 p.m.
I thought I was seeing things when the hanging objects in my house started oscillating. That was before I felt the tremors. Turned out there was an earthquake in Sumatra measuring 7.6 on the Richter scale. It has been some time since I felt a tremor from my own home. The last time round, it was so bad it made me giddy.
@ 9:07 p.m.If I were to say I feel like there's a grey cloud looming over my head, then my father would be having a thunderstorm over his, complete with howling winds, lightning and roaring thunders. Can't say it has been a happy week. Haha.
Mom: (enters my room) What happened? Why your father's face so black (sic)?
Me: Don't know. Must be because of work. Just leave him alone.
Sometimes, men are easy to understand but women don't get it. I don't proclaim to be an expert on guys (far from it, actually. Neither do I care. Lol.) but I did realise some things about them based on personal experience.
1) Guy do talk. Guys do gossip. Guys do want to share their feelings, thoughts, and problems.
2) If a guy doesn't want to talk about his problem, don't push it. Just asking them once and letting them know you'll be there for them is enough. If they feel like talking, they
will. If you insist on getting an answer from them, woe betide you.
Pity that's the mistake women tend to make. They are concerned and want to make the guy feel better but end up making things worse.
Which was why I told my mom to leave him alone. I've tried it on my father before and it always work. Just like today. He's in a bad mood alright, looking grumpy and making agitated movements. All I had to do was stay silent and talk in a 'don't-worry-about-me' voice whenever he asked me questions, like whether I want more rice. Bingo! He calmed down after that and even made small talk. It's the least I could do for him. (:
@ 12:40 a.m., 1 October 2009
Wow. Once again, I'm amazed by Esther's dreams. They are so cryptic, like stories being told through another's point of view. It's like the dreams are trying to teach her some important life's lessons through her subconsciousness.
This time, I'm doubly impressed. Because she saw me in her dream. Because she saw me doing something which I'm intending to do
next week. How clairvoyant! (: