☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, September 25, 2009 | 11:44 PM

I met Woon Ching at ION first before we headed to Wisma Atria to collect the goodie bags for the Reebok Pink Ribbon Walk next Saturday. The t-shirt was a darker shade of pink than expected. Shame, I think light pink would look nice. Haha.

We met up with Ashsiqqin and Shuhui at Cotton On. They bought a couple of stuff there before we headed to Cineleisure for lunch. On the way there, we kept making fun of Miss Singapore World 2009, Ris Low. I doubt she will keep the title for long, now that her past offences has been revealed. But seriously, "boomz!"? That's rich. I finally realise how low the standard of English in Singapore has sunk to.

Blackcurrant soda, peach soda and chocolate mousse. Yum!

I love Pastamania's apple crumble pizza. It's almost heavenly, biting into the piping hot baked apple slices and munching on the sweet crunchy crumbles.

We spent some time eating and chatting before walking to Somerset to take a train down to City Hall.

Ooh, F1!

Walking to the Peranakan Museum. Woon Ching couldn't resist playing with the new sweater she had just bought from Cotton On.

Polytechnic students get to visit for free during school holidays if I remember correctly. Just got to show your student pass.

This room is cute. There were images of charms projected onto the wall. You can stand in the middle of the room and move your arms to try to catch the flying charms.

We had fun playing with the embossing stations located around the entire museum. There are a total of 12 designs to collect.

HAHAHA. These two are fooling around. I think Ashsiqqin was trying to play the part of a zombie while Woon Ching was fleeing from her. You should have seen the way they were running around before I got them to pose for this photo.

One of the rooms was fun. There were telephones from different eras. You can pick up the phones and listen to pre-recorded conversations of families making long-distanced calls to loved ones.

"Hey baby, it's me. Miss me? ... Oh, don't worry, nothing happened. I just wanted to hear your voice so badly. My nights are so lonely without you here by my side. I'm counting the days till we meet again and I'll be in your arms once more. I got to go now. My landlord's complaining about me hogging the phone again. You take care of yourself, won't you? ... Yes I love you too, honey. Bye... No, you hang up first... No, you! ... Nope. You. All right, all right, I really got to go. Buh-bye. Muacks!"

Eavesdropper on the prowl. Lol.

These two were pretending to make a call to each other to much laughter from everyone.

We still had a bit of time so we decided to visit the Philatelic Museum nearby as well. This museum requires admission fee, though. We decided not to visit the museum. It doesn't make sense to pay and explore the place in a rush. We did hang around the foyer for awhile.
How could you, Woon Ching? ): Hahaha. Just kiddin'!

We walked around the area after that, trying to head in the direction of The Cathay but ended taking a detour. We passed by the Registry of Marriage and for one insane moment, Woon Ching suggested visiting it! Thankfully we didn't. It would be too weird. Perhaps one day when we're older and engaged. Perhaps.

We can't get enough of the Courtesy Lion! Ain't he just cute?

Watch where you're poking, Woon Ching!

The rainbow of windows are a pretty sight.

We cut through Fort Canning Park. Plenty of mozzies around too. We stood still for less than a minute and we got a couple of bites as souvenirs.

From there on, we headed to The Cathay. The original plan was to have dinner at Astons Specialities. The queue was horrifying. I can't believe people are actually willing to queue that long (judging by the length of the queue) just for a meal. Eventually, we headed to Plaza Singapura and ate at MOS Burger.

We did a bit of shopping at Carrefour before Ashsiqqin and Shuhui had to leave for another event. Woon Ching and I continued walking around Plaza Singapura for a bit before taking the train home. Wish I could have taken a bus ride home. Train rides are boring.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.