☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, September 24, 2009 | 11:06 PM

It was the last prelim paper for Esther today. Haha. She was so happy about her econs paper. I can relate to that feeling. Anyone would be over the moon if everything they focused on came out and they know they will score for the paper. In fact, it is that feeling that's what motivates me to mug. I want to walk out of the exam hall, grinning like a Cheshire cat. Once, I even went "yay!" while the invigilator collected my paper. She laughed at me, all right.

We had a super interesting discussion about capital punishment and human experiments on the MRT ride to Orchard. I like reading Wikipedia articles on psychology, microbiology, and medical disorders or syndromes. Occasionally, I would touch on other fields too. It's so fun to know as much as you can (to me, at least). I recalled reading up on lethal injection months back. Heck, I still remember the first guy to be sentenced was named Charles something and another particular case whereby the entire procedure took two hours, which subsequently raised questions about the efficacy of this method of capital punishment.

My brain has an awful knack for memorising random trivia and statistics. It doesn't memorise anything instantly and permanently unless it's psychology or microbiology either. Great brain I have indeed. Sigh.

Onto today's outing: Swensen's Ice Cream Buffet! (:

Had a hard time finding the restaurant. It wasn't located within Ion itself. The map on the directory didn't help. I find the sketch inaccurate. Simply put, the restaurant is located on the upper floor on the Orchard MRT station. Remember there used to be a Popular outlet? It's around there.

Almost everyone there were there solely for the buffet. There's an on-going promotion. Two people dine for the price of one, provided you print out and show the staff the promotional coupon (go google it up yourself). The promotion is until 30 September 2009.

Ice cream, cakes, waffles, sundaes. It may seem worthwhile. But really, there's only so much sweetness the tongue can handle. You won't be able to stomach as much as you think you can. Still, it's about the thrill. Haha!

CAKES! CAKES! :D


Like I said, the sweetness got to us. It almost felt sick. We badly needed something salty to get rid of the aftertaste. So we bought Gindaco's takoyakis. Their takoyakis are really different from Takopachi's. It's more fragrant and crispy on the outside. (:

I'm getting miserable...






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.