☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Monday, September 28, 2009 | 11:53 PM

Was supposed to go running with Esther and Ting Ting this morning. (Sweet heavens, when was the last time I saw my old schoolmates...) Unfortunately for Ting Ting, that one came up. So yea, she wasn't able to join us. ):

It was awful trying to run in the humid weather. The last thing you want when you're breathless is the further lack of oxygen. Couldn't run as far as the previous times. Aww man.

We went home to wash up before meeting again to go out. Went to Kinokuniya's first. There were a couple of books I want, mostly of which are dystopian literature. I can't get enough of it. I love humans who think. Dystopian literatures are downright atavistic and animalistic, delving into the darkest human nature, laying out the ugly truth. The author challenges his own thinking as well as defy societal norms.

I would love to get George Orwell's works, 1984 in particular, as well as Animal Farm. But the story revolves around the Soviet Union and I know nuts about it. It would be a waste of money to buy it under such circumstances. I'll just borrow it from Esther in future. Instead, I bought Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, another famed work. Welcome to a world where dictatorship rules; where your status is determined the moment you're born; a world where kinship doesn't exist; a world where promiscuous activity is considered a social activity; a world where drugs are legal; a world where blah blah blah.

Oh my God. Such controversial, debatable topics are fun; it stimulates my mind. Dystopian literature FTW! :D

Esther finally finished reading the first instalment of Battle Royale. I'm not surprised we share the same favourite characters: Shinji Mimura and Shogo Kawada. Afterall, the traits I love most are logical and rational thinking, calm, efficiency and resourceful. I've been told I think like a guy by my friends. The truth is, I've been trying to emulate these guys. Haha. Better to be a girl who remains calm and think than one who loses her head and starts screaming like a beheaded chicken, which by the way doesn't even help to solve the problem at hand.

I have walked past this Coffee Club outlet many times but this is the first time I'm dining here. The window view is wonderful.

Soft shell crab pasta for Esther. Mine's rather quirky. C'mon, just look at the garlic-marinated chicken fillet! It's green!

There were complimentary fruity smoothies for the meals we ordered. I like the Tropical Blast. The manga banana one was nice, although it's a weird combination.

Lol. I'd no idea Esther took this photo.


Our dessert. Ahaha! It looks so sinfully good! (: The whole thing's made of ice cream. We ordered it thinking it was a real chocolatey slice of cake. Lol.


We went to Far East Plaza on a whim. It turned out to be a good decision. We had a nice haul. I'm definitely going back to that shop.

Sorry for the lousy post tonight. Just having some depressing thoughts.. Feeling insecure, unloved and unappreciated for no reason. Maybe I'll feel better after sleeping. Could be the crazy hormones at work, you know. Happens sometimes. (:






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.