☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Tuesday, October 06, 2009 | 9:48 PM

Makan session at Newton Food Centre & Individual Shopping


I was informed the night before by Woon Ching about today's makan session with the GA peeps at Newton Food Centre. The meeting time was pushed back for two reasons: 1) Ashsiqqin was late and 2) We did it deliberately to sabotage Shuhui and Johnson. *coughs coughs coughs* :D

Yay! My cute birthday cakes from Woon Ching.

Picking out what we want from the menu. We had fun deciding on the gong gong, talking about how it takes skill to dig the flesh out and how it looks like. Ashsiqqin compared the spiky part to that of a cockroach. Lol!

Ashsiqqin's enjoying her coconut drink.

What a coincidence! Both Woon Ching and I were wearing red tops and white bottoms today! National flags. Hahaha.

Presenting the first dish... The gong gong!

The pro among us five. She's the fastest at digging out the flesh. Haha!

And the runner-up is Woon Ching!
Sugar cane juice, sambal kangkong and tomyam soup.. There's more to come.

Sambal stingray! Gosh I like this!

I think Ashsiqqin took this photo to help promote the stall. Free advertising on our blogs, lah!

Mm Ashsiqqin's enjoying herself, playing the gong gong.

We were talking about our pets at one point. Woon Ching suddenly mentioned how her terrapins would eat each other's shiet. Rabbits do the same thing too. Then Ashsiqqin told us about her fishes doing the same thing, how one would follow behind the other and eat their turd. You know how fishes are like. They have this long trail of poo behind them. Lol. Do these animals mistake the each other's poo for food or something?

Another birthday present from Woon Ching! Thanks Ching!

She said she dreamt about the balloon. Hence she decided to get it for me. Haha. That's so Woon Ching - Being random and spontaneous. The roses attached to the balloon were made by her too. I get hand-made roses from her again this year! (:

She wrote my name on the balloon too!

Thanks to Johnson for helping us to take this photo!

Woon Ching had to return to NYP after that as she had NAPFA testing to do. Ashsiqqin, Shuhui and Johnson invited me to join them in watching a movie and shopping. But I had some other stuff to take care of so I couldn't join them.

I headed down to The Central at Clarke Quay. Had to get some of my friends' birthday gifts. The Central had just the perfect shop for it. The shop assistant was really helpful. She gave recommendations and even helped me try on some of the items so that I can get a better idea. I later walked along the river to get to Liang Court.


I haven't been to Liang Court in ages. There aren't much shops there but they always have something I like. I had a good time at the Kinokuniya there. The 2010 calenders sold there are pretty and I mean it - PRETTY. Got the mad urge to fork out fifteen bucks just to get it to decorate my table. I didn't - I suspect the calender would end up being a white elephant.

I headed down to Meidi-Ya as well. Too bad they didn't take stock of the nice Japanese candies Esther and I bought some time ago at a Japanese fair. And I bought a banana chocolate crepe from Mazazu Crepe. It's a must-have for me each time I go to Liang Court. Too bad that's their only outlet.

I took the North-East Line down to Kovan too. Esther agreed to accompany me if I wanted to pay my late aunt a visit at the columbarium. The problem is that I couldn't locate that place on the map of Singapore. And I don't feel like leading Esther on a wild goose chase. The worst thing is I have only been there once and that was in 2000/2001.

I walked along the main road till I found the route that leads to the place. Unfortunately I was in a rush so I didn't venture further. I doubt I will want to go again on Friday since I can't locate the place. Sigh. I could ask the adults. But the whole point is that I want my privacy.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.