☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, October 02, 2009 | 11:42 PM

Woon Ching, Ernest and I had a sudden, random conversation together a few nights ago. We decided we would all go K-Box today. The two of them want to serenade me lah. Lol!

Had breakfast at MacDonald's before heading to the K-Box at Ang Mo Kio (now what's that old building called?).

Ooh. We had two plates of Hainanese chicken rice and a teriyaki chicken bento!


Messing around with the remote control.


At first, all three of us were too shy to be the first singer. Eventually we agreed to sing together for the first song. After that, everyone was more comfortable singing alone. Most of the songs sung were Chinese pop. Woon Ching's idea of a happy song is songs like '九十九次我爱他' and '幸福氧氣'. Lol. Definitely bubbly songs, all right. I think all three of us went cuckoo when we sang Lady Gaga's Poker Face. P-P-P-Poker face!

We stayed at K-Box from 11:30 am - 2:30pm. Pretty much frozen by then. All of us forgot to bring a jacket. As usual, Woon Ching and I like to pop by the arcade to play a round of Taiko no Tatsujin.

We were in for a treat today. We caught three pros (depends what you mean by pro, lah. To me, anyone capable of playing the insane mode is pro) in action. One male and one female who know each other. The other one was a boy. He can't be more than nine years old. I'm guessing eight, going by his stature. Everyone within the range of the machine were watching him play. That's how awesome he is.

Guess what? All three of them set new high scores for different songs. Woah.

Anyway, we hung around Ang Mo Kio Hub till 5:30pm. Ernest had to go meet some of his friends while Woon Ching and I decided on a whim to go to Night Safari's Halloween Horrors. Prior to that, we went to have dinner at Sumo House.

On the way there, we saw this. Lots and lots of soapy water gushing out. Guess a pipe burst or something. Lucky it ain't the other pipe. Can't imagine having foul turd flooding the void deck.


Took a bus from AMK Bus Interchange down to the Night Safari. Took some random photos along the way. Didn't turn out as nice as I would like it to.

As you can see, the place was swarming with people. Almost everyone there were tourists who came with tour groups. Makes the whole place seem really hectic.

Had a bad time trying to take this photo. People kept walking in between us even though I was holding up my camera. Another woman even banged into me from behind. Sheesh. Why bother owing a pair of eyes if you aren't going to use them? Go donate them to those who need it and will appreciate and fully utilise it, why don't you? Grrrrr.

Bad timing - I closed my eyes just as Woon Ching was taking this photo. Aww..


Hahaha. I think these guys are cool!


We were queuing up for the first show of the night but decided to drop out half-way. It turned out to be a good decision. When we came back later, it was less crowded.


That said, we went for the Train of Terror to Neverland first. It's basically the normal tram ride except that it includes a visit to a normally off-limits area that is now being used to feature some Halloween attractions. No flash photography was allowed while the tram was passing by the animal enclosures. It's ok at the Neverland site, though.

The first horror was probably the only really scary one. There was this bandaged or hooded guy (couldn't see clearly. It was too dark) located next to a stretch of corrugated metal. He had this metal pipe or wooden stick which he would use to hit the corrugated metal sheet to create loud banging noises. He would walk alongside the tram, growling and hitting the sides of the tram for further effects.

I think it's a brilliant idea. Noise has a psychological effect and can instill fear into people's heart. It definitely worked; it's the station with the loudest screaming from the entire tram.

My ears were hurting from a particularly shrill screaming from some woman behind us. I have to quote Woon Ching, for she said: "What's she screaming for? We can't even see that guy's face!"

QFT! LOL.

The guy was hacking away at the woman's body while she was screaming and struggling.

Snow White's evil stepmother.


I think this is supposed to be Sleeping Beauty. She did a pretty good job moaning and howling. (:

The trip around Neverland was quite short. But it was interesting watching the different actors. The guide on our tram was awesome too. Her hoarse voice and intonation perfectly brought out the ideal setting for a horror-filled tram ride.

Next up: Bridge of Hell at Forest Giants Trail.

I had no idea about this station until Woon Ching and I arrived at the start of the trail. A group of people had just finished the walk and were leaving. There was a couple among them. And when one of the Night Safari staff asked about the trail, the lady who was clinging onto her boyfriend's arm (bet you fifty bucks he's enjoying himself lulz) practically mumbled "mimble-wimble" in fear. Lol.

On the whole, the walk wasn't that bad. (I think it's just me. I kept hearing girls scream from different sections of the trail.) Some of the 'horrors' were visible while some were hidden in the foliage. I remember there was one that the hidden guy used a contraption to rustle the grass on the left. That's a trap. While your attention is focused on your left, he would pop out from the right. That's the only one that pretty much startled me.

On the way back to the entrance (it's a loop), there was this 'Chinese zombie' with his arms stretched in front of him hopping towards us. I didn't even notice him until his fingers were poking my face. LOL. I thought he was another visitor. Woon Ching later commented that most of the 'horrors' were targeting me. I wonder why. Was it because I was walking ahead of Woon Ching? Haha.

Seriously, my sense of fear is nuts these days. Either I would be too busy coming up with strategies to eliminate a feared object to feel anything or I would be filled with an impulse to continue walking towards it, as if challenging it. And I realise my girl friends would be clinging onto me in such situations. Maybe my mind works like a guy's would. I'm sort of like a guy to my girl friends. Any guys out there jealous of me having girls hugging my arm? :D

We went to queue for the show again.

In the queue. See the nicely-decorated tram behind us? I think that's the premium one. You get to eat some special Halloween-themed food while on the tram.

Lol. I remember the animal wasn't in the mood to perform tonight. Haha (:


Cajoling Mr. Raccoon to go home.


Go, otters, go! I love otters. I think they're the cutest. Don't get me wrong, I love all animals just as much.


"No more cans for me to toss?"


The end of the show.


Woon Ching and I walked around another section and saw some more animals before deciding to head home.

Don't let this dim-sum lady fool you. (: It was entertaining watching people open up the lid to find a bloody human head (yep, someone's inside the cart).

Woon Ching: "My house!"











CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.