☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, October 03, 2009 | 9:19 PM

You know you're getting older when you start getting birthday cards like these...

from clubs you've joined and outlets patronised.

I remember when my parents and I signed up for the membership, one of the staff told us the free gift on the birthday month is a bottle of red wine. Lol.

The only part of the card I like is the last line. Yay for recycled stuff!

This time round, my parents and I went to the Marriott Cafe to celebrate my birthday. There is nothing wrong with the Vienna International Seafood & Teppanyaki Buffet Restaurant. But as the saying goes, "Variety is the spice of life". I told my mother it's boring to go to the same place to celebrate all three birthdays.

Marriott Cafe turned out to be a good choice on my part. The place was nice and quiet, unlike other restaurants that tend to be noisy and crowded with kiasu Singaporeans who enjoy grabbing the entire plate of oysters from the counter (oh yes, that's how ugly they are) despite it being a buffet. Food's great too! Especially the cakes.

Don't judge the food by its simplicity. It seriously tastes good.


One whole plate of sweet delights! The cakes do not make you feel sick. The cakes are fluffy and the cream or mousse are light. Now I'm wondering where I've to hunt to find other cakes to top these. Lol.

My raspberry and vanilla tea.


That's the tea corner. The wines are behind it. I really like the tea corner. (I'm a tea person.) There are samples of each flavour to you to sniff. Mini jars of honey, lemon slices and milk are available on the counter. The brand of tea used is Taylors of Harrogate. Their tea leaves make all the other teas I've drank in my life seem like a laughing stock. I tried the earl grey tea as well. Yum. (:

The green scoop of ice cream is actually pistachio-flavoured! I thought it would be weird but it ended up being the best. It tastes quite strongly of almonds too. I like it!

Mum had to get chocolates for her best friend's birthday so we went to Godiva at the basement of Takashimaya. There is an on-going promotion. You just have to spend more than $50 (I forgot about the payment mode) to get a free drink from one of their ranges. Gee, the chocolate drink is really thick. I wouldn't be able to finish it by myself. Haha.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.