☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, November 14, 2009 | 10:18 PM

Today's post contains:
1. The conclusion of my letter project
2. The start of my next project
3. Highlights of my week
4. Taeyang's awesome new MV - Wedding Dress

1. The conclusion of my letter project

I finally gave the letters to all 9 recipients. I had quite a few comments, all of which were positive.

A few commented my words on the envelope and letter looked like it was printed (I swear I wrote them, lol). The more observant ones like Esther and Nabilah noticed the matching stationery and that no correction tape was used. Haha. And I'm pretty sure there is no problem with my English. I wrote the drafts first and proofread them at least twice before copying them out. Sounds like some drastic perfectionist now that I think about it. But I'd really wanted to make the project a success.

I made 4 people tear up in total. Quite shocking. I wasn't expecting to touch so many people's heart. I didn't expect my letters would make two grown men get watery-eyed. I thought it would be the girls/ladies instead. I wrote to the four adults who raised me. They were touched and amazed by how much I've grown. They said they didn't expect me to remember all the things of the past. Lol. Another recipient was appreciative I pointed out her good points. I made a couple of others happy. I don't know about the rest but I hope they like their letter. Each letter is unique to each recipient. (:

2. The start of my next project

So what now, now that my letter project is over? Initially, I had another one of those "eureka!" moments which gave me another idea. I'll put it on hold, though. There is too much planning to be done and the best part? I don't even know who to dedicate the project to.

Now that the year's end is nearing, I shall make my next project my 2009's reflection and 2010's resolution. Hold your horses! It ain't some short and crappy reflection. I'm aiming to write a 10-pages long reflection at the least. Why? Because I believe I've learnt more in 2009 than I did in the first 17 years. I really did learn a lot this year and I want to pen them all down. I might just post it on my blog but I bet everyone will skip it (10 pages or more, seriously!). :D

3. Highlights of my week

I surprised Esther by popping by her house first thing Monday morning with breakfast and a good luck card for her A-level papers. Haha. Didn't stay for long. Had to rush off for my AMFS lecture at 11am. Omg when was the last time I watched zao an ni hao on Channel 8?

I surprised my ex-babysitters on Wednesday. It was her birthday and I thought I would go celebrate it with her, as well as to catch up with them. I stunned them by asking them out for dinner. They later told me I've changed (for the better). The old Charmaine was a quiet, meek girl who lived in her own world, a loner. Actually, I still am. But I've learnt to be more outgoing when the occasion calls for it.

It felt so, so nice. I long for the feeling of a family again. Wouldn't it be nice if my parents and I could sit around the dining table, talking about our day over dinner while watching television dramas on Channel 8? Why has that feeling vanished over the years? Just one night with my second family and I re-discovered that feeling. Just for one night.

Another highlight would be the clique outing on Friday afternoon. Raymond finally treated all of us. We headed for the Naked Fish Shoppe at the Grassroots' Club next to NYP. I must say, the portion for the student's meal is miniscule. The spaghetti Woon Ching ordered could be compared to the portion of a kiddy meal at other restaurants. Haha. The main point is we enjoyed ourself. (:

4. Taeyang's awesome new MV - Wedding Dress

Sad movies don't make me cry but this MV nearly made me. Which means it's good! I recommend watching it! :D







CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.