In all my 18 years, I have never gone travelling with my parents before.
Not even once. When I tell my friends this, each and every one of them will give the same reaction without fail - a expression of utter disbelief followed by an incredulous "Seriously?" Of course,
lah. I've more constructive things to do than to lie about my lack of holiday travelling.
My parents and I do talk about it, places we want to go, how we prefer to travel (free and easy, tour groups, etc) and stuff like that. I know my mother wants to go to Thailand, Beijing, Hong Kong, etc. They know I'm a sucker for Japan whereas my father doesn't care as long as my mother and I are happy.
At the end of the day, the sole reason why we never get to go is simple - They couldn't get away from work.
Here's the thing: I don't care at all. S'long as I get enough to eat and have a roof over my head, I'm happy. But yes, I know they feel bad not spending more time with me.
And the key point of this post? (inserts drumroll)
THEY HAVE GIVEN ME PERMISSION TO GO TRAVELLING BY MYSELF.
Looks like Taiwan will be my first stop next February! *winks* :D