☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Sunday, December 06, 2009 | 9:11 PM

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2009
6 December 2009

To view all 225 or more photos I've taken, please go to my Facebook albums. It's open to everyone.
Pre-event camwhoring: http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid=128018&id=599418369
Event: http://www.facebook.com/#/album.php?aid=128022&id=599418369

My dad accompanied me to the MRT at 11pm. Turned out I was going to be early in meeting my friends so we sat around at Sun Plaza's McDonalds watching the live screening of Liverpool vs Blackburn while drinking coffee and eating fries. :D

Woon Ching, Nabilah and I took the transport bus provided at midnight. There were a few pick-up locations but we chose Yishun.

On the way to the Padang, we met Ashsiqqin and we proceeded to register (and get a goodie bag!).

There was plenty of time to kill since the volunteers were required to gather only at 3:30am. So we hung around at the Esplanade, munching on snacks, talking and taking light naps.

Woon Ching and I were being cheeky here. Nabilah was sleeping and there we were, posing beside her. Haha.

I'm not sure which volunteer unit this is. All I know is Ashsiqqin went gaga over their bikes. LOL.

Free flow of hot coffee and tea!

Time/ Winners' Spotters FTW!

There wasn't anything to do. We were free to hang around at the City Hall steps till the first runner comes in, which wouldn't be for another few hours. We all ended up sleeping right on the City Hall steps. Not so comfy, sleeping on the hard floor and waking up to freezing air.

10km Women Second Position. JUST KIDDING! :D Each of us were assigned to pass this information tag to a winner each. There were quite a few categories to look out for, not including the separate male and female winners for each.
Look at which tag Woon Ching is holding. Hold sala already. HAHA!

Those 'You CAN Do It!' cards were distributed to passers-by/supporters on the side of the road where the full marathon runners will be. Shucks. I really wanted one. And I was cheering so hard too. Roooar.

They belong to the media team. *Points to the word on their T-shirt* They were just behind the finishing line waiting to take pictures of the runners coming in.

I wanted to take a photo of the guy in the christmas hat. Seems fitting to run wearing it now that Christmas is approaching. What made this photo funny was that when he was removing the hat, the guy behind him was removing his shirt simultaneously. Hahaha!

This fellow made a flag to support his mother who was running. Isn't that nice?

Oh, I remember this man. He ran through the finishing line carrying his daughter on his shoulders! He wasn't the only father who did that, though. There's something nice seeing men display a soft spot for their children.

There were plenty of heartwarming scenes throughout the day. There were couples who ran the race together. There was a couple but the man was blind. His girlfriend/wife led him throughout the race. That was super touching. It speaks volumes about their relationship. I was moved to tears. (:

There were the handicapped who ran the race too. Kudos to them! I admire their resilience.

There were plenty of injuries near the finishing point. Some crashed into each other and fell. A couple puked after crossing the finishing line. Others had leg cramps and the works. This one was the most serious case I saw. He suddenly crashed into the ground, leaving plenty of grazes. For the few minutes he was still moving, I saw his right hand move across his chest. A cardiac arrest, perhaps. The medics had to place him on a stretcher and send him for immediate medical help. I really hope that man is doing ok.

We helped out for the Kids Dash too! Our role was simple. We just had to be road marshalls and help the kids get up if they fall.

Some balloons flew onto the road. Lol. Quite surprising, considering those are helium-filled.
This one was cute. The mother had to feed him some sweet snack every few steps all the way to the finishing line. :D

This mother-and-son duo damn stylo. Sunglasses. Woohoo. (:

I like Santarina's style. I really, really like people with a sense of humour like hers. I think the world needs more people like them. (:

The Winners' Spotters and our leader, Mr Desmond.

One of my top few favourite things: Helium balloons.

Here's a picture of me and my boyfriend (and a really hot one at that). His name is Canon Digital IXUS 870IS. My friends are in awe of him because he is capable of taking super nice and clear pictures for a 10.0MP digicam.

I want nobody, nobody but you!

The DJ was playing 'Nobody' by Wonder Girls at that moment so this pose came to my mind. It is only at mass events that I get high and start singing and dancing. Hope I can be the same during Chingay 2010.

A marriage proposal! The man got his buddy to flash the banner while he proposed with a bouquet to his girlfriend at the finishing line. Aww. (:

The volunteers (for the Time/Winners' Spotters, at least) were dismissed at around 1 plus. Went to sign out and receive our $20 before heading home. Everyone was really tired after staying up the whole night. Needed a shower and bed badly. Haha.

I enjoyed helping out at this event. All the fun moments with my friends and all the heartwarming, motivating scenes I saw throughout the event was rewarding. If it's possible, I hope to help out again next year. (:






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.