☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, January 16, 2010 | 11:59 PM

First ice-breaker and training session for the Chingay 2010 motivators! Had to assemble at Kuo Chuan Presbyterian Secondary School at 1pm. Met up with Woon Ching and Ashsiqqin at Bishan MRT and walked there.

There were about 10 groups. Amazingly, Woon Ching and I were in the same group (1C!). Ashsiqqin was placed into the VIP motivators as she had past Chingay volunteering experience with Heartware Network.

We joined the rest of 1C at one of the canteen benches and everyone gave a self-introduction. Later on, everyone sat in a circle at a corner of the canteen. Played concentration to help us remember each other's name and came up with group cheers. Our cheers was boomz, all right! :D

Proceeded to the hall for a briefing by the founder of Heartware Network, followed by ice breaker games.

This was the first game played. It's like a human jigsaw. Each member of the team had a part of a photo stuck on his/her back and everyone has to arrange themself to get the correct order of the picture. Easier said than done. Haha.


I see Ashsiqqin with her groupmates! (:

What a huge ceiling fan! It's really efficient, though. Compared to those industrial fans most schools use in the school halls.. Oh, wait. It's air-con now. Times are changing.


Putting the pieces together.






Can you imagine us tossing a ping-pong ball from pair-to-pair using strips of thrash bags? Well, everyone cheated. We ended up walking to each other instead of standing at the allocated spot. Lol! And 1C came in first for this round, with a score of 23 balls!

Atiqah and Kia Yi.

The last game was an obstacle course. 1) Blow a balloon or burst a balloon someone had blown. 2) Use a skipping rope and skip 10 times. 3) Go around a chair 5 times. 4) Draw something on a piece of paper without lifting the pen.

Each group had to send a representative to describe his/her own group's artwork. It was like having to crap out something on the spot 'cos we had no idea what each other drew. Lol!






Throughout the games, we were given coupons to fill up the Chingayopoly Board (think Monopoly).

We will always find things to do when there's nothing going on. Like, in this photo, we would poke each other in sequence. It's quite a cute tradition, I think. Haha :D


Group photo!


There was a prize presentation for the top 2 groups of the day. Both groups came from sector 1. Oh my goodness, lol. 1B was second while 1C was champion! We got a food hamper. YAY! :D


Went to Junction 8 to have dinner with Ashsiqqin and Woon Ching. Ate at Long John Silver's. Saw Kia Yi with her friends there, as well as the entire group of Chingay leaders, including 1C's leader, Felicia. (:

We went to the field beside LJS to help Woon Ching film something for her NYAA video. Must have looked weird. Two girls filming the other one doing a jump shot in the middle of nowhere. Lol.

Woon Ching and I walked Ashsiqqin to the bus interchange where she took bus no. 59 home. I later walked Woon Ching to the Circle Line before taking a train home. (:








CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.