☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, January 23, 2010 | 11:43 PM

Had an interview at the National Youth Council office at 9.30am. I had signed up for their programmes and hence, the interview. Had three interviewers (I heard someone saying the other room had four. Lol). I think I had the same interviewers as Ashsiqqin. It was good they kept joking and made the interview rather enjoyable.

Took an express bus no. 506 from Toa Payoh to Bedok for today's Chingay training. I had to miss part of it because of the interview. Good thing this bus drops directly outside the training location, Bedok View Secondary School. Today's training was all about standing operation procedures, which I swore it put all the ushers and motivators to sleep. People kept walking out of the hall to go to the toilet or kept chit-chatting among themselves. The whole thing ended by 12.30pm, and Woon Ching and I went to Far East Plaza for lunch.

We used to do this often when we were still volunteering at NEWater. Good old days. :D


I met my parents in the evening at Somerset and we headed to Chinatown to catch a bit of the Chinese New Year festive mood. Ate at the restaurant directly outside Chinatown station's exit, Chuan Garden Restaurant, to celebrate mom's birthday in advance.



One thing you will notice about their dishes is that... every dish has a whole damn pile of dried chilis in it! And a whole lot of oil. The food is nice and all, but very very heaty.


I made art with my food (as usual). This critter reminds me of Domo-kun somehow. Those huge eyes and wide mouth.





Fried pumpkin cakes. The sweetness is just right and the chewy texture is like that of mochi. :D

We walked around Chinatown after dinner to look at all the CNY stuff.

Caught a glimpse of the celebratory fireworks from where I was!












CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.