☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, January 09, 2010 | 11:30 PM

Last day of the Open House. Woon Ching and I spent the entire day at the Food Science labs. We have been helping out the Green Ambassadors booth for the last 2 days. Haha!

School of Chemical and Life Sciences! (:

Ok everyone in the FS Year 2 cohort was assigned duties at the FS labs for the Open House. I got assigned to help out today from 12.30pm - 2.30pm. Anyone wanna make a egg-mayo sandwich? :O

Ingredients for making the green tea ice cream. I suspect they used full cream milk. The eqipments like the ice cream maker and spoons were so oily, and the ice cream itself was very milky. Definitely not for those who want to keep their figure.

I love these brownies/chocolate cupcakes! Super super nice! (:

Free meals for Open House volunteers as usual. It was brought up to the labs. And this is the second time I'm eating MacDonald's chicken burger along with a can of coke. I'm taking a break from Macs for awhile. (-.-)

GREEN TEA ICE CREAM! I LOVE GREEN TEA! :D

We added way too much ice cream mixture to the machine. We forgot that liquids expand when solidified. Urgh. We didn't waste the excess ice cream. We scooped the slurry into disposable cups and handed one cup to each person on duty. Yay!

There was so much excess ice cream. Those who remained till the end of the day brought them all home! I took 3 and gave 1 to Ashsiqqin. Haha!

This is unappealing. The layers are beginning to separate because we didn't add emulsifiers. Hydrophobic oil and hydrophilic water form separate layers, remember?

Yea. SCL has one of the crappiest timetables and work load around too. They always neglect to mention the not-so-nice things. :D But despite all the crap (with even more to come), I myself as a SCL student have enjoyed my stay in NYP.

Woon Ching and Murphy were playing with the excess ice cream at the fizzy drink making booth. See, both of them are happily adding food additives in insane amounts to the matcha ice cream! Lol!

First, it is the orange coloring...

Then the purple coloring...

Was that the acidulant (malic/citric acid) or water or sugar syrup? :O

Clean-up time!


End of NYP Open House 2010.

Met Ashsiqqin and Shu Hui for dinner. We went to AMK Central's Sumo House. Both of them love the spicy Japanese seasoning - They can really put loads of it in their food. :D

I order sashimi quite often whenever I dine at Sumo House.







CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.