☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, January 15, 2010 | 11:50 PM

Those who went for the lecture this morning should know what happened. I didn't feel anything about it - and I still don't. I know almost everyone else was pissed. Anyway, I was analysing things again when I was at home.

So 2/3 of the cohort got kicked out for not doing the tutorial before attending the class.

I'm not taking sides. I don't think the lecturer is entirely right but I want to highlight some things about her that most of us failed to see. Yes, I know what exactly it is that is making my coursemates so pissed. Face it - Teachers are humans too. They have flaws as well.

Afterall, you have to admit, we're at fault for not doing the assignment beforehand. So what if it is just this one time? That's called 'finding excuses'. You didn't do your work. Period. Besides, doing your work is a form of respect for a teacher. At least we're honest enough to acknowledge that we're in the wrong and leave the lecture hall. That's something admirable, you know. It would be worse to lie and remain in class.

Back to the lecturer. My impression of lecturers has always been this: They're paid only to teach. They don't have to give a rat's ass about your attitude towards your studies. They give lectures and they grade your work. They're not obliged to scold you even if you don't do your work. They don't get paid for scolding students.

My point is, the lecturers do care for us. They want us to do our work because they want us to do well. They give us study tips and examination hints because they care enough to do so. They could have just thrown you the lecture notes and tell you to study everything.

I feel that the lecturer in question has been misunderstood. She may be strict and she may be imperfect. She has a different way of expressing herself. But at the end of the day, she is like the rest of our lecturers. They all want us to do something good for ourself.

Rather than being angry, why not look at it from a different point of view and be glad that you have a lecturer who actually cares?

Accompanied Nabilah for half of the afternoon at Northpoint. We bought this at Chewy Junior. Somehow, none of their pastries seem as chewy as the first one I'd tried long ago at their original outlet. But chocolate pastries are still good! (:

There is the Blogshop Indulgence 2010 going on at the NYP atrium now. I'm guessing the business school students had a collaboration with various blogshops as part of their project. Anyway, there were plenty of blogshop items for sale. I got this handmade earrings for $8.

I got the leather bracelet for eight bucks too. It's not the exact design that I want but it'll do for now. It goes really well with the other bracelet I have.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.