☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, March 13, 2010 | 2:07 AM

I'm back from Taiwan! Had a good day's rest before I met Woon Ching for lunch to catch up on stuff. I've a craving for steamboat/BBQ these days so we thought of Seoul Garden at Marina Square. It's expensive (compared to the student price we could be having) so we opted for Yuki の Yaki instead. It is a steamboat/BBQ eatery as well. But I've always wanted to try this place, not forgetting they have DIY ice cream too!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The hot plate and the steamboat are separated on the table, unlike Seoul Garden's. Which is a good thing since we get enough oil splashing onto us even without soup dripped onto the hot plate accidentally. We went for tom yum soup and miso soup. The miso soup is delicious while the tom yum was super spicy.

We ate so many skewers of hotate scallops! We weren't the only ones. The first batch was wiped out in no time and we had to wait for the staff to replenish the stock. Woon Ching was over the moon when she went to check and saw a full platter of them. Lol.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Hotates left to sizzle in hot bubbling butter. Buttered scallops, anyone?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
For those who have dined there, you can choose to pay another $2 to try out their DIY ice cream. If you're having the ice cream ala carte, you have to pay another price but I think it's less than $10. The staff had to shift us to another booth because we can't possibly wait for ours to cool down. It's the same plate for hot and cold plate.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The chiller is filled with cups of ice cream mixtures. Plenty of interesting flavours on top of the common ones. They have flavours like berry mixes, durian, passion fruit, yam, vanilla, etc. I took green tea, chocolate and tiramisu. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Our first time using a cold plate. Naturally, our first few attempts flopped. Look at how the residues stuck to the plate. Couldn't scrap it off until I added more ice cream mix to dissolve it. But we got the hang of it pretty fast enough.

Photobucket

Woon Ching's having fun with the chocolate rice.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ah darn. My green tea ice cream has begun melting. And I drew the smiley face on my chocolate ice cream mix! Haha! :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Woon Ching's getting good at this! And her berry ice cream is tempting me. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
After we have finished, we scraped all the ice cream off. The bits and pieces of green and pink don't look appealing at all.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Walked around Marina Square for a bit after that before we met up with Woon Ching's father and brother for dinner at 313@Somerset's Food Republic. We were still full so we had dim sum. Bought lo mai gai (steamed chicken and glutinous rice in lotus leaf wrap) and green tea custard tarts. I love the green tea custard tarts!

Made a quick trip down to Far East Plaza after dinner as Woon Ching wanted to get jeans. She managed to get 2 pairs (fully paid for by her father). We each got a pair of specs too. Not the normal kinds or sunglasses. Really wacky ones. Mine's got pink bling all over it while her is hollow plastic striped (not sure how to describe it). Gonna take photos with it one day!





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.