☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, March 27, 2010 | 9:04 PM

National Youth Environment Conference 2010

The big day is finally here! After all the weekly meetings at the NYAA office at 5 Magazine Road that lasted hours till 9 or 10pm, we're here at the actual thing! We headed down to SP's audition the day before to do a recce and set up the props, goodie bags, etc. And today, we came down at 6.40am to get the show running! :D

Some of the photos here are taken by Mala. They're smaller than mine but the quality is there! :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
A final briefing by our organising committee chairman and co-chairmain, Peter and Kenneth, respectively.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
RUFBL team in action. Supposed to stand for registration, usher, food, logistics.. forgot about the 'B'. And most amazingly enough, the one and only photo Mala took of the participants' registration happened to be people I know from school: Woon Ching and Cheryl. Lol.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

Address by Prof Leo Tan, Director, Special Projects, National University of Singapore, Chairman, NYAA Council and Recipient of President's Award for the Environment 2007

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Keynote address by Prof Jeff Obbard, Division of Environmental Science and Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, National University of Singapore.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Mr Dorjee Sun, Chief Executive Officer, Carbon Conservation and TIME Magazine Environmental Hero 2009.

Hmm. I really enjoyed their keynote addresses. I reckon Mr Sun's video left everyone awestruck. Cassandra and I got to talk to him a little before our ushering duties began. Last thing I remembered, he was joking that he would send his people after him if we don't email him after getting his eco-friendly namecard, ending by reading our name tags and saying our names, 'Miss Koh and Miss Cheong'. Cass and I got stunned for a moment. Haha!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The emcees from CJC, Julian and Jasmine. The other CJC students served as group facilitators. Jonathan (chief facilitator) is directing the 32 groups to their respective locations for the breakout session whereby discussion for the conference themes will begin.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We found quite a bit of lost-and-found items. Like this cute wallet. Haha. We also found handphones, Apple Macbook, etc. Big haul, I tell you.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The backstage served as our operations rooms (ops room, for short).

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I think some of the adults in the committee have interesting jobs. Like Mala's a chiropractor at TTSH, Mark's working in an NGO, Ken's a defence science researcher, to name some. Even those who are still studying have amazing ambitions/careers ahead of them. Like Jonathan who is studying psychology and Gao who aims to be an ambassador for Unicef. I really hope they fly to great heights! I'll catch up to them one day! (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I'm telling you, this is the calm BEFORE the storm. The data compilation team (Pengru's missing here!) had nothing to do prior to the end of the breakout session.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Cass couldn't resist shooting her hawt hawt purple shoes! Haha!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
FOOD'S HERE! This is the first time I've felt that buffet-style catered food can be nice! We requested for melamine plates and metal forks and spoons to be environmentally friendly. (:

Photobucket

DATA COMPILATION TEAM!!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Thinking back, it was simply wow. How the heck did we manage to compile 32 groups' discussion in less than 30mins? Majority of the groups submitted their works way past the given time, which made things even more hectic than it already would be. Kudos to everyone for being cool and rational even when things were explosive in that 30 minutes!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Yes, it is messy. 32 groups submitting their discussions IS messy.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
While the discussion summary presentation is going on, we retreated back to the ops room. Wooo, I look like I'm being strangled by Cass. She gave me a shock when she suddenly squeezed my neck for this photo! ><

Photobucket

Photobucket

Currently preparing for the final summary of the group discussions.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
These 2 photos are cool. They show our data compilation leader, Mala and our floor manager, Yueqiu in their element! :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
More organising comm peeps. And the entire VIP row.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Dialogue session with Minister for the Environment and Water Resources, Dr Yaacob Ibrahim. On the panel are Mr Khoo Teng Chye, Chief Executive of PUB, Mr Peter Benson Lee, Chairman, Organising Committee and NYAA Gold Award Holder and the moderator, Ms Zaibun Siraj, Trainer and Member, NYAA Council.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Group photography of the speakers, officials and organising committee.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Prize presentation ceremony for National Youth Environment Projects Competition 2008. Winning project goes to Ms Regina Oon, Project Leader of PACT.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
HAHA! Yueqiu forged the entire certificate of appreciation for the organising committee! Anyone needs a forger, look for her, yea! :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
After packing up the stuff, there was a debrief by our chairman. The certificate of appreciation for the organising committee members were also distributed individually, with cheerings and applause and photo-taking by Mala included. Damn grand. Hahaha. :D

Photobucket


We went to Clementi for dinner thereafter. Some couldn't make it as they had other things on. We ate at Ramen Ten, fully paid for by Dr Ken. Thanks for the treat! (:

Photobucket

The other table ordered bowls of ramen. My table (me, Yueqiu, Jonathan, Pengru and Dr Ken) ate from the sushi belt. Felt damn full after that.

Photobucket

Thanks to the staff for helping us take this photo!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We could take the NEWater goodie bag too because there were so many extras. And the water bottle is only for the organising committee. We got it along with the cert. Wheee!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope there will be a NYEC 2010 Org Comm. meet-up sometime down the road! :D






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.