☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Tuesday, March 09, 2010 | 2:35 AM

Trip to Taiwan with Esther
6 - 11 March 2010
DAY 4


It was announced on TV last nigh (we watch almost all the channels. Cartoons, documentaries, variety shows, news, you name me, we've watched it) that Taiwan will be experiencing cold currents for the next few days. The temperatures will drop a few degrees Celcius and snow is expected in some regions. It's the coldest han liu for the first time in five years in Taiwan.

When I first arrived at Taoyuan Airport, it was 22°C. When I first reached Ximending, it was 17°C. When I went to Huaying Street Shopping Area, it was 13°C. And now in Ximending, temperatures have reached 10°C. The temperature has been dropping non-stop throughout the trip!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is what I saw when I woke up this morning. Immediately grabbed my digicam and shot this sight. The drawing is done by Esther. She stared at the condensation for awhile after she woke up and drew that next.

Photobucket

Had this for breakfast. A bag of choux à la crème! We'd gotten this from the convenience store.

Photobucket

We got this from the convenience store as well. Quaker products seem limited in Singapore compared to Taiwan.

Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket

I couldn't resist playing with my reflection in the window. *grins*

PhotobucketPhotobucket
In addition to strong blasts of cold wind, there's rain too. Awfully cold!


  • Wu Fen Pu


  • Alighted at Hou Shan Pi station and walked on foot. This place is famous for wholesale clothes. You can bargain with the sellers too. They take in new stocks on Mondays so do not go on Mondays 'cos it won't be open.

    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Photobucket

    There were many, many, many awesome clothes. It could be because we went there at this time of the year, most of the clothes are thick and are not suitable for Singapore's hot climate. I've a preference for feminine designs found in Japanese and Korean clothes. But I realised their pricings do not differ much from those I found in Singapore, only that the variety is greater. My haul is pretty limited. Shucks! ):

    Ever since the trip started, we have been looking out for shoes. That's one of our main objectives. We thought we would find them in Ximending or Wu Fen Pu. But it unexpectedly turned out to be Shihlin night market. There's two stores that sells many brands in one outlet.

    Photobucket

    Look at Timbaland's variety in Taiwan! White leather and purple leather! Esther got the purple one for about NT$3100 (S$136). What a steal! :D

    Photobucket

    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Photobucket

    You know, it's night time and we haven't eaten anything since this morning's cream puffs and our stomachs are protesting wildly. We bought a whole mountain of food, from noodles to fried chicken to donuts to milk tea and had a happy feast back in the warmth of the hotel room. (:






    CONTACT ME

    E-MAIL :
    ccsm2@hotmail.com

    HANDPHONE :
    (+65) 9xxxx167

    FACEBOOK :
    (Click here)

    SKYPE :
    charmaine.cheong

    BLACKBERRY PIN :
    239045EF


    ABOUT ME

    Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

    TAGBOARD



    LINKS
    If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



    ARCHIVES
    1. November 2007

    2. December 2007

    3. January 2008

    4. February 2008

    5. April 2008

    6. May 2008

    7. June 2008

    8. July 2008

    9. August 2008

    10. September 2008

    11. October 2008

    12. November 2008

    13. December 2008

    14. January 2009

    15. February 2009

    16. March 2009

    17. April 2009

    18. May 2009

    19. June 2009

    20. July 2009

    21. August 2009

    22. September 2009

    23. October 2009

    24. November 2009

    25. December 2009

    26. January 2010

    27. February 2010

    28. March 2010

    29. April 2010

    30. May 2010

    31. June 2010

    32. July 2010

    33. August 2010

    34. September 2010

    35. October 2010

    36. November 2010

    37. December 2010

    38. January 2011

    39. February 2011

    40. March 2011

    41. April 2011

    42. May 2011



    CREDITS

    © Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



    CHARMAINE CHEONG.

    I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

    I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.