☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Thursday, March 04, 2010 | 11:15 PM

Zomg exams are over! These 2 weeks have gone by in a flash. Spent it all on mugging and sleeping. I would return home so braindead that I had to rest because the brain couldn't function efficiently. It doesn't help that coffee has no effect whatsoever on me. It only dehydrates me and makes me run to the toilet. Geez.

Had a short briefing on the industrial attachment by Dr. Queck. I won't be attending next Monday's briefing because I won't be in Singapore. I've already informed the lecturers so that's that.

Spent over an hour waiting for Woon Ching while she was at a NYAA exco meeting. I idled away at the walkway outside Block E that links to Block D. There are wooden benches lined up against the wall with sockets (for laptop users) and it's windy there. I spent half the time on the phone and the other half sleeping 'cos I'm shagged from mugging.

Finally headed to Iluma for lunch. We have been wanting to go there to try out the interesting eateries there. Decided to go for Ebisboshi Shotengai today. They have 3 different concepts but we went for the ala carte one.

Just the other day their electronic menu ordering system was featured in the newspaper and now I'm trying it. Hahaha! Just tap your order, the quantity and send it to the system!

You can playback to review your orders. It can get tiring hearing the voice repeat after awhile.



Woon Ching's spicy ramen and fried gyoza.

Wow. The top's covered with spring onions. They taste good, though. Quite unlike the ones I'm used to in local food. Their's is thin, soft and crunchy.




Here's my chirashi don!


When I lifted the prawn out of the bowl, Woon Ching and I started laughing at it. It's as though it has been stripped naked! Only the body was de-shelled. The prawn is still raw, which ended up making it look even more.. naked. ROFL.



Woon Ching's mango kakigori.


I went for macha anmitsu. I've never tried kakigori because it's just shaved ice. I prefer other Japanese desserts to shaved ice. I think their desserts are pretty normal (it's still delicious). But to me, their specialty seems to lie in their taiyakis (fish pancakes), especially the fillings. I'm used to seeing red bean, chocolate banana, custard, etc. (Yes, I'm referring to the taiyaki store at the basement of ION Orchard.) The ones at Ebisboshi Shotengai had fillings like orange, caramel, etc. I have a feeling Esther is going to drag me here once she sees this post. She is the biggest taiyaki fan I know of.



Had two hours to go before I head for another NYEC committee meeting and Woon Ching was sweet to accompany me despite being shagged and having work to do. We slacked at the arcade at Iluma. The arcadia was pretty quiet at that time so we could sit around.



No, we didn't play the game. I was curious and went to take a peek inside the box. Ended up seeing so much sweets that no one picked up. Or maybe they got washed up by the conveyor belt and got there by accident.


Woon Ching wants mooooore!


I left Bugis at 6pm and reached the place by 6.20pm, despite having to alight at City Hall, take the NEL down to Chinatown and walk a fair distance. More sadly, the meeting only starts an hour later. Rawrrrrrr.

I had nothing to do so I walked around the area aimlessly. I've memorised the place already. Will never get lost there again. Woooooo! :D

The meeting lasted till 10pm. Did some icebreaker games to warm everyone up then the discussion started. Had fun chit-chatting along the way too. Finally took the train home with Gao. (:






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.