☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, April 10, 2010 | 4:33 PM

Marché!


I'm in love with this place! I love any eatery that has an ambience, good service and tasty, fresh food. I've passed by their outlet at Vivocity many times and heard about it from friends. But nothing beats going in and experiencing it for yourself. The one my parents and I went to was at 313@Somerset.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

It was slightly weird taking this photo because there were some people waiting to use the stairs to proceed to the dining area so they were looking at me. By the way, the lamb's head really moves, if people even stop to observe, that is.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
All your orders are recorded in this card given to all diners. Makes dining a lot hassle free, doesn't it?

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I like the amount of detail that went into their concept. Can't find any fault with it. :D The place even has a playroom for kids and the toilets are crazy. The entire toilet is Swiss-themed. And they even have a cubicle specially designed for the elderly. Simply wow.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
A humongous cup of milk coffee. The coffee is good! I seldom find myself liking coffee though I do drink them. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The Rösti is made up of grated potatoes, which are then fried into patties. Golden brown and crispy on the outside, but tender on the inside. This is one of the must-eats when dining at Marché! The sour cream goes very nicely with it.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
My father and I ordered the Blackforest ham crepe. Another good food. It has capsicum sauce in it, along with a whole lot of other stuffings. But the best food is the pork knuckle. Zomg, absolutely tok kong! It was straight from the oven so it was piping hot and juicy. The skin was so crsipy it made cackling sounds when cut. The meat was so soft and tender I couldn't believe it was pork. It's a MUST try, man!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Charmaine is a dessert lover. She never leaves a restaurant without trying their desserts. (: That said, Marché has a wide variety of ice cream, cakes, mousses, etc. I went for their specialty of the day, which was the apple mousse. Tasted slightly sour but just right. There's cooked apple slices in between the mousse too. (: And I got greedy and got a fruit tart too. I would regret not trying, you know!

Photobucket

Marché is a fresh market restaurant. All the foods are prepared fresh on the spot in front of your own eyes. The potatoes used for the Rösti are peeled, grated then fried immediately. Talk about freshness!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Diners use the staircase to get to the dining area but there's an escalator to get back up. It's behind the cashier, so make your payments first! There's also a lift for the handicapped. Like I said, their concept is well thought-out.

I'll have problem getting friends to accompany me here, though. Partly because of the steep price and heavy foods. Will be best to get a group and share. I frankly do not mind going with just one friend or two, either. It just means lesser variety but good food, nonetheless. Anyone want to join me for a makan session at Marché in future? (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.