☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, May 15, 2010 | 11:27 PM

The dinner and pubbing with the Banana Alliance today was postponed. So Esther and I spent the day about town. First stop: Vivocity. We'd wanted to watch Shutter Island. But the only showing is at 2359, probably because it's about to stop screening in Singapore soon. The only cinema still screening it is GV at Vivocity but there's no way I'm catching a midnight movie.

Anyway, Vivocity equates to Sushi Tei for us! I haven't been able to find fresher Japanese food in Singapore than the one at this restaurant! I praise this place a lot. (:

Photobucket
They have a special menu now specially for the cherry blossom season!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The soft shell crab is from the main menu. The unagi gohan seiro is part of the cherry blossom season menu. Interesting, isn't it? It's exactly like the steamed rice sold at herbal soup stalls in food courts. Their unagi is the best. It's so soft like steamed fish, unlike the chewy ones sold at other Japanese eateries.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
The collagen beauty carpaccio I ordered. I like this appetizer. It has tuna slices, scallops and collagen strips spread out on a bed of wakame and topped with a Japanese mustard sauce. It's damn refreshing except that the sauce reminded me of the one used in chee cheong fun. It has the same taste!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sakura mochi! I just love this one so much! (: The mochi is filled with a red bean paste and wrapped with fragrant sakura leaves.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
We ordered the ice cream filled strawberries too. Another lovely dessert. I'm tempted to start freezing the strawberries at home. Frozen fruits make nice treats, even more so now that the temperature is skyrocketing.

Spent the rest of the day around City Hall, The Central, Suntec City and Marina Square. (I only just realise we'd walked so much.) Had tea/dinner at Mr Curry/Cafe de Waraku at Marina Square. Been wanting to try this place since we walked past it while it was renovating last month!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
The matcha shake. IT'S DAMN GOOOOOOD! We've finally found a matcha drink that rivals the matcha azuki drink at Shokudo! :D They're really different (Shokudo's is a thick matcha drink while Waraku's is a creamy milkshake) but both are so good in terms of mouthfeel and flavour!

And wow, I noticed even a Japanese eatery like Waraku has started serving drinks in mason jars.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Omg omg this brownie is the best!! It's served warm and when you cut it open, thick chocolate fudge oozes out. Now top it off with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and citrusy strawberry.. It blends so well. So heavenly! Makes one feel like having seconds. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Matcha dango. It's coated with green tea powder and filled with cream inside. Didn't really meet my expectations, though.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
I bought quite a bit of handicraft materials today. Been wanting to print out some of my photos and hang them around my room. Still waiting for the house to be repainted because I can start hanging up photo frames. For now, I shall decorate a mini board and thumbtack photos on them.
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I bought even more decorative pieces from Fancy Pocket. I'd bought them originally to personalise my belongings. But I realise they can be used for everything and anything. It depends on the creativity of the person.

Can't wait to get started! (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.