☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Saturday, May 08, 2010 | 10:48 PM

It really has been awhile since I last saw Woon Ching (wow, 6 weeks!). She has been swamped with work too so we could only meet up today. Went in search of more good food. Woon Ching really wanted to try out the smelly tofu at Lau Pa Sat I'd blogged about a month ago.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We tried out the la mian at this Shanghai food stall. The portion is really big, the noodles seem never-ending! They're nice, though. Really soft and chewy. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We tried out the fen yuan at the dessert stall. If my memory serves me right, it costs $2.20 and comes with a longan soup base. (It's cheng teng, really.) I'm a sucker for starchy foods so I really like these chewy balls. They're flavoured too - peanut, sweet potato, red bean, etc.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
This is the stall. Taiwanese street food! It isn't as good as what I'd in Taiwan but when you're in Singapore, you can't ask for the sky. The fried smelly tofu is really good, though! Once again, I didn't get to try their oyster mee sua 'cos I was too full.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We ordered the smelly tofu on take-away. I happened to see the HK stall selling lao po bing and I just had to get some! When was the last time I ate one, seriously..

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sat by the river to enjoy the breeze, view and good food.

Photobucket
We paid a visit to the Helix bridge as well. Good thing we managed to reach at 7 before the sky darkens. It'll be hard to take nice photos after that. The bridge was chock full of people!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine. The moment I saw this, the stuff I mugged for food biotechnology last semester surfaced in my mind. Polymerase chain reaction, good grief.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Ehehe! I was trying to tear the couple apart. (: Woon Ching's no better!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Oh, the people on the left look real, don't they? They're actually part of the board, if you don't know. Everyone couldn't resist posing with the fake people. :D

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
C is for Charmaine. (:

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Stopped by Raffles Place Shopping Centre to get some snacks and relax by the fountain.

And here're the goodies Woon Ching bought for me from Guangzhou!

Photobucket
A pink hair straightener for 22 yuan. Must be about S$4. Good deal. Look what I did to the hair straightener! Snake! (I know I'm lame.) :D

Photobucket
Personalised name stickers. Apparently my name is too long. (laughs)

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Wow, a Phiten band! The titanium inside promotes health benefits by regulating the body's natural current through cell ionization. I really like the simple and sporty design - it goes with everything!

Photobucket
Watermelon-flavoured chewing gum!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Here's a container of bubblegum. It's designed with an interesting mechanism. Lift the top part up and a piece of gum pops out!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
More food! (: Look at all the delicious pocky waiting for me to nibble on. Tiramisu? Matcha? Red wine? Strawberry? Arrrgh! :D And there's the dragon beard candy too!

Photobucket
I love this t-shirt that I bought at Raffles City Shopping Centre basement! It's simple and nice. I need more shirts like this. Wardrobe's getting full of my lacey/flowery clothes which are too formal for casual outings.






CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.