☆⌒ The Not-so-Simple Simpleton 。



Friday, July 16, 2010 | 11:16 PM


MOF Dessert Buffet

After weeks of madness in the NYP Beverage Lab, numerous OT-ing, and even the crazy extra 9am-8pm last Saturday, all just to meet Company X's dateline, the project is more or less done for now. I've today off in lieu of last Saturday. The coming Monday's off as well. Woo! A good rest is in order. (:

Here's something I've been wanting to try out. I've been patronising MOF's outlets for so long and I even have the membership card. But I only come to know of their dessert buffet after I asked Kian Wai if he knows of any affordable high-tea buffet while we were chit-chatting during my internship at IFF!

$18.80++/pax for adults and $15.80++/pax for kids. It's from 2-6pm daily and available only at MOFのMy Izakaya outlets. Each person is entitled to one order of a fondue set and one imo series. Everything else is unlimited.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
There are 3 items under the Savoury Pancakes series. We ordered the Cheesy Chicken Karaage and the Cheesy Chuka Kuurage. Had no idea what the chuka kuurage was until it came. Turned out to be seasoned jellyfish.

Photobucket
Temaki! We went for the corn mayo and chicken karaage fillings. In my humble opinion, I don't think fillings like egg, crab meat, or cucumber worth eating, considering how filling rice can be. Cut down on the rice at buffets unless you're a big eater (which I'm not, heh).

PhotobucketPhotobucket
There are different kinds of sauces for the Japanese Sweet Fondue and the Japanese Savoury Fondue. We went for the chef's recommendation (and probably also consumer favourites), the chocolate sauce and cheese sauce. It sounds nice enough to make a person salivate!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
This one's the Savoury Fondue. I love shishamos!! Was so delighted to see them on the platter. The ebi yaki balls and deep-fried salmon belly were delicious too.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Sweet fondue. See the pink cubes on the left? That's gyuhi, a type of traditional Japanese sweet. It never fails to remind me of Turkish Delight. They look identical! I love the fried sweet potato and yams fried to crispy, fluffy perfection, as well as the shiratama dangos. The rest like oreo cookies and dried apricots are just boring.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
From the Sweet Pancakes range! We had strawberry and mango. There's something nice about piling a generous amount of vanilla ice cream and fruit syrup onto pancakes, and scooping the whole thing into your mouth!

There were still the Kakigori, Mini Soft Serves, and Imo Series that we didn't try because our stomachs were bursting. I honestly regretted eating the pancakes first 'cos I bet those had caused us to feel full fast. Shall go back again one day. I'm curious to try out their new ala-carte dishes. (:





CONTACT ME

E-MAIL :
ccsm2@hotmail.com

HANDPHONE :
(+65) 9xxxx167

FACEBOOK :
(Click here)

SKYPE :
charmaine.cheong

BLACKBERRY PIN :
239045EF


ABOUT ME

Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D

TAGBOARD



LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!



ARCHIVES
  1. November 2007

  2. December 2007

  3. January 2008

  4. February 2008

  5. April 2008

  6. May 2008

  7. June 2008

  8. July 2008

  9. August 2008

  10. September 2008

  11. October 2008

  12. November 2008

  13. December 2008

  14. January 2009

  15. February 2009

  16. March 2009

  17. April 2009

  18. May 2009

  19. June 2009

  20. July 2009

  21. August 2009

  22. September 2009

  23. October 2009

  24. November 2009

  25. December 2009

  26. January 2010

  27. February 2010

  28. March 2010

  29. April 2010

  30. May 2010

  31. June 2010

  32. July 2010

  33. August 2010

  34. September 2010

  35. October 2010

  36. November 2010

  37. December 2010

  38. January 2011

  39. February 2011

  40. March 2011

  41. April 2011

  42. May 2011



CREDITS

© Design by , forlornattempts / AhJess. credits are not allowed to be removed / editted .



CHARMAINE CHEONG.

I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.

I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.