Oh my God. It was hard trying to surprise Yi Ting! The first thing we had to do upon reaching school was to hide the cake in the lab's fridge for project prototypes. And we were praying she wouldn't notice it. (Thank goodness she didn't.) It got harder during lunch. Shi Hui was supposed to bring her down to MacDonald's while I wait till they're ready before going down with the cake. But a whole lot of things happened along the way, like being asked to go for sensory evaluations (not that I mind. The food's good!) and not being able to find a table at the fast food canteen. Good thing everything worked out! :D
I think we reeeeeally caught Yi Ting off-guard. Haha. I'm glad she's happy, that's all. :)
Don't you think the cake still looks delicious despite being quartered? Maybe it's just me. I love cream cakes. (:
I've heard reviews about this cake. Some said the cake wasn't so nice, others said the icings and sugared pieces made the whole thing unbearably sweet. This baby turned out surprisingly good, though!
It's a SCL tradition to celebrate the National Day. It's an annual thing (and generally a snooze fest for the students). I can't recall what we had in Year 1. But last year it was some talk, which isn't the most exciting programme at all. This year's slightly more interesting. There's the Talent Show whereby students and lecturers go on stage and showcase their skills. It would've been nice, if it hadn't been marred by the judges' overly unrealistic praises. "Best singer I've ever heard." Isn't that taking a remark too far? Whatever happened to constructive criticism?
Anyway, I arrived late. Got held up by final year project at the microbiology lab. Here's whatever's left of the SCL NDP Celebration 2010!
Hello! Nice to meet you! I'm Charmaine. I graduated from NYP with a Diploma in Food Science, but I'd rather eat a smelly sock than go into that field. I'm hoping to become a psychology undergraduate this year. In the meantime, I'm working as a waitress at SoHo7 Cafe & Bistro (I may just be the one serving you!). Do pop by for our freshly roasted coffee and yummy grilled food, and say hi to our cheery (and somewhat gaga) team! :D
TAGBOARD
LINKS
If you wish to have your website linked here, leave a message in the above tagboard. The link will be up in no time!
I’m a somebody and a nobody. I’m rational and emotional. I’m critical but I’m non-judgemental.
I like my things categorized by types and chronologically. I like taking photos to preserve the moments of my life. I like dystopian literature. I like reading Wikipedia articles at random. I like travelling to foreign lands and seeing the world. I like long conversations over good food. I like pop and classical music. I like guitars. I like cats. I like writing random, mushy letters and notes to the people important to me. I have a whole long list of things that I like, but you’ve got to get to know me better to know them all.