SHINE Youth Festival 2010 Closing Ceremony, The Asian Kitchen, and The Sanctuary
After many events throughout the month of July, the SHINE Youth Festival 2010 is drawing to a close. The closing ceremony was held at The Cathay, Hall 3.






I met up with my mother for lunch after the closing ceremony. Met her at ION and we headed to The Asian Kitchen. She'd wanted to try out the place previously. There's quite a bit of Taiwanese specialties here.


Oyster mee sua and guitar duck. The oyster mee suas in Singapore lose out to the real thing in Taiwan. :/ I love the duck, though. I like the spices used to give it the distinctive flavour. It's probably the best dish of all that we'd ordered.


Lu Xiang Tofu and Stir-fried Four Seasons Beans with Salted Egg Yolk. The tofu was really puffy and the chilli sauce provided complements it well. The beans were a big disappoint. It was tasteless! I'm left wondering if the chef had forgotten to add the salt. The salted egg yolk was tasteless too.


A Taiwanese-style dessert. It contains mango slices, mango puree, coconut milk and lots of sago. It's really good! (:


My mother wanted (or rather, needed) to take a rest after walking around Orchard. And she was in the mood for beer (gave me a shock. It was still mid-afternoon). She had originally suggested going to Timbre for beer and their famous duck pizza but I was like, I've had enough duck for today. So we went to The Sanctuary by IndoChine. The bar right outside Wisma Atria.
I really want to come here when there's a World Cup match going on! :D


My mom likes her Heineken. I like my cocktails. And I've gotten sick of Long Island Iced Tea. So I got her to recommend me another nice cocktail and she suggested a margarita served in a salt-rimmed glass. Wonder what's the ratio of spirits to lime juice. I would have preferred something stronger.
Ordered a plate of Pik Kai, a Laotian dish of fried chicken wings served with chilli sauce. The chilli is super good!


Spent a lazy Saturday afternoon here. There's something nice about sipping alcoholic drinks while listening to accoustic music in a decent (and I mean decent, not sleazy) bar. The band performed quite a bit of pop songs too, like Ke$ha's Tik Tok and Justin Bieber's Baby.